Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #61
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Sweetpea: I accidently went into "Edit" and not "Quote," on your post. I didn't change anything in your post at all.

If this happens, just click the "back" button on your browser... and nothing in the message will change and the server won't even register the edit.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Just wanted to add a bit to this thread... having recently finished reading this.

I thought it was a great book. It moved very quickly in the beginning and was very exciting. My heart was racing as he was looking for the treasure. But... after that when they are in Italy (is it?) for the festival.. (What the heck is that anyway?)...

I was wondering, who are these people. The whole plot seemed to be dropped. But after 4 or 5 chapters you realize that these are relations to the original three that wronged him.

I was very surprised at the Tailor greed. OR was it his wife as he stated. He was given a great gift but that wasn't enough for him. He could have lived very well after the gift of the diamond.

Was anyone fooled that the 3 people, The Count, the Abbe Busini, Lord Willmore were all Dantes. I wasn't. He that was meant to be hidden from the reader it wasn't very well. But, perhaps it wasn't.

The main question I have is why make Morel suffer for a month thinking Valentine was dead? How can you allow such a dear friend to that? Perhaps it was due to his life long experience that you must suffer before you can be happy? I'm not quite sure.

I rate this one 4.5 stars out of 5.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 02:15 AM   #63
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Just wanted to add a bit to this thread... having recently finished reading this.

I thought it was a great book. It moved very quickly in the beginning and was very exciting. My heart was racing as he was looking for the treasure. But... after that when they are in Italy (is it?) for the festival.. (What the heck is that anyway?)...
Carnival. It's a great happening in Venice (which is where the two friends first wanted to go, but then decided on Rome)

Quote:
I was wondering, who are these people. The whole plot seemed to be dropped. But after 4 or 5 chapters you realize that these are relations to the original three that wronged him.
I liked the way how he switched scenes there.

Quote:
I was very surprised at the Tailor greed. OR was it his wife as he stated. He was given a great gift but that wasn't enough for him. He could have lived very well after the gift of the diamond.
I think it was a bit of both. If he were alone, I think he would have been tempted, but not succumbed, but his wife pushed him over the edge.

Quote:
Was anyone fooled that the 3 people, The Count, the Abbe Busini, Lord Willmore were all Dantes. I wasn't. He that was meant to be hidden from the reader it wasn't very well. But, perhaps it wasn't.
I think it was done by purpose that you, the reader, would know they were the same person. There are too many clues. For example, when Willmore was introduced, and he went to see the former inspector of prisoners, it was very clear that it was Edmond.

Quote:
The main question I have is why make Morel suffer for a month thinking Valentine was dead? How can you allow such a dear friend to that? Perhaps it was due to his life long experience that you must suffer before you can be happy? I'm not quite sure.
He believed that you can only really enjoy a happy life if you have experienced the opposite in equal amount. He did what he thought would be the best for Morrel.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote