Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Question Adding kindle books to calibre.

I have been adding just epub books to calibre and reading them on my Kobo touch and nexus 7.
However since downloading the kindle app on my nexus 7 I have acquired lots of kindle books, many free.
So I would like to add them to calibre also.
How do I do this?
I know they are supposed to be in the kindle folder on the PC sorted by date. But new ones don't appear there. Plus they are not named
Help
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #2
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
I have been adding just epub books to calibre and reading them on my Kobo touch and nexus 7.
However since downloading the kindle app on my nexus 7 I have acquired lots of kindle books, many free.
So I would like to add them to calibre also.
How do I do this?
I know they are supposed to be in the kindle folder on the PC sorted by date. But new ones don't appear there. Plus they are not named
Help
Also can I add them from my nexus 7 to calibre? If so how?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The easiest way to add Kindle books to Calibre is to use "Kindle for PC". Download the book with K4PC. The book will then be in the "My Documents\My Kindle Contents" folder. Sort the folder by date to find the newly-downloaded books, then drag and drop to Calibre.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The easiest way to add Kindle books to Calibre is to use "Kindle for PC". Download the book with K4PC. The book will then be in the "My Documents\My Kindle Contents" folder. Sort the folder by date to find the newly-downloaded books, then drag and drop to Calibre.
Thank you But the recent ones are not there
Old 04-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
You have to open Kindle for PC for the books to download. I open Kindle for PC and let it find the newest books. Then I right click on them and choose download. After closing Kindle for PC I open My Kindle Content Folder and rename the files the book title. I then open Calibre and convert them.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
Skillganon
Connoisseur
Skillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony prs 600 and T2
You may need to go to your amazon account and instruct the missing books to download to amazon for pc, then go into the kindle for pc on your pc, this should ensure they are downloaded.
You can then go to the My Kindle content in your my documents folder (it may be under Admins docs) The files should be there. Then Open Calibre and get the books from the Kindle folder. Connect your reader and drag the books to the reader icon at the top of the Calibre page.
Skillganon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
book64
Love reading

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
After closing Kindle for PC I open My Kindle Content Folder and rename the files the book title. I then open Calibre and convert them.
Apache

That helps a lot thank you.
You say rename books in kindle folder? How do you know which is which?
And do they stay renamed in there without it affecting calibre?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #8
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillganon View Post
You may need to go to your amazon account and instruct the missing books to download to amazon for pc, then go into the kindle for pc on your pc, this should ensure they are downloaded.
You can then go to the My Kindle content in your my documents folder (it may be under Admins docs) The files should be there. Then Open Calibre and get the books from the Kindle folder. Connect your reader and drag the books to the reader icon at the top of the Calibre page.
Thank you
Was looking in kindle folder but bypassing downloading to pc Just to tablet!
Also did not know I could drag the books to the Calibre icon too.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:

That helps a lot thank you.
You say rename books in kindle folder? How do you know which is which?
And do they stay renamed in there without it affecting calibre?
I download them in order from my Amazon Digital Order Page. Then I go back and rename them in the same order. When I open Calibre I know exactly which book is which. It also is a way to make sure I have them all downloaded.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #10
book64
Love reading

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I download them in order from my Amazon Digital Order Page. Then I go back and rename them in the same order. When I open Calibre I know exactly which book is which. It also is a way to make sure I have them all downloaded.
Apache
Thanks
Didn't know you could rename them like that Thought they would not open

Its a good idea
So can I rename all the ones I now have then?

But my problem would be that regarding downloading new ones, I do it on my Nexus 7. So can't rename
And quite a few at a time.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you're just using the K4PC download as a means of getting them into Calibre, they'll show up with the correct author and title in Calibre. Can you explain why it is that you want to rename the actual files?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #12
book64
Love reading

Quote:
If you're just using the K4PC download as a means of getting them into Calibre, they'll show up with the correct author and title in Calibre. Can you explain why it is that you want to rename the actual files?
I have been downloading a lot of free amazon short stories
But only want to add selected ones to Calibre
Some days I find maybe 20 But don't know which is which as the same date lol
Old 04-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #13
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
In your My Kindle folder the ebook files are saved as-- "B009BVIFA6_EBOK.azw"-the "B009BVIFA6" is the Amazon ASIN number. Just copy/paste that number into the Amazon search box and it will find the ebook.

When you buy a ebook from Amazon just copy the ASIN and title to be able to match the files later.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
I have been downloading a lot of free amazon short stories
But only want to add selected ones to Calibre
Some days I find maybe 20 But don't know which is which as the same date lol
It's probably much quicker to add them all to Calibre, then delete the ones you don't want from Calibre.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
It's probably much quicker to add them all to Calibre, then delete the ones you don't want from Calibre.
+1 !

And of course if you do re-add the whole kit and kaboodle you could rely upon the duplicate detection to avoid adding them a second time.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote