Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Learn French ?

Dont know whether it quite counts as pure reading, as it were, but can anyone recommend any snappy little courses, or perhaps "Survive in ..." sources for (fairly) elementary French please ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
I am using a web-site www.jefrench. The site is free and the lessons are short and very basic. If you register you will start receiving e-mails regarding a 16 week course. The course consists of three twenty minute videos each week for sixteen weeks, plus some audio files along with a summary and some excercises in a pdf format each week.

I only started this week but I was impressed with the first lesson material and his teaching style. I have books (paperbacks) and they are helpful for basic grammer but I find a really need some kind of audio aides in order to learn proper pronunciation and I don't find the "listen while you drive your car" type CDs to be helpful at all.

Good luck with your efforts

Last edited by fbrII; 08-06-2012 at 09:24 PM.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Here is a phenomena about French I cannot explain. I learned during many trips to France over the years. Anyway, the more French wine you drink, thr better your French becomes.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Thanks fbr - I'l give it a whirl, it sounds just the job.

And cassidy - I like the advice very much.....but I've been drinking French wine for years, also Spanish, Italian, Portugese,Chilean, South African, Hungarian, Moroccan, et al, also Bavarian, German, Indian, French, beer etc.... tea from all over the world, also coffee ...........

And I have very little knowledge of any of these languages, except some French, and Portugese, and a smidgon of Moroccan .............

However, my Irish and Scottish is excellent .........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote