Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Smile Greetings from snowy W. NY State

And Happy New Year, too!

I've been reading the forums for about a month, trying to learn enough to ask an intelligent question! As far as e-readers go, I'm a complete newbie. Thanks to a lot of you folks, though, I'm starting to get a good picture of the world of ebook readers.
And the wiki's E-book_Reader_Matrix is a great resource!

I don't yet have a device. My wife and daughter have decided to get me one as a Christmas gift, but they're leaving it to me to research and choose the reader I think I'll be happiest using. I'm disabled, and in the winter months I tend to get sick a lot. Living in a rural area, I find it's an effort to get down to the nearest village library this time of year.

But I have hundreds of ebooks in various formats saved on my computer over the last several years, and hundreds more available through Project Gutenberg, so what I need is something to read in bed that's easier on the eyes than a computer screen, and I'm good to go!

I'll ask a bunch of questions in the relevant forum sections in the days ahead, but for now I just wanted to introduce myself and wish you all a Happy New Year.

--John Boice
AKA "SilverBear"
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:24 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Hi, SilverBear! Welcome to Mobileread. We may not make it easier for you to choose, but we'll certainly inundate you with opinions!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, John! What a nice wife and daughter you have.

Just ask if you want to know something and a friendly member will chime in with an answer or point you in the right direction. Have fun exploring the forums.

Oh, yeah, MR has many of the same books as project G right here. They are beautifully formatted by some very dedicated MR members. Just look on the blue bar up above on the left. You can check out feedbooks for free books, also. Ask if you want to know about which program to use to view them. Be sure to let us know which one you choose.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:19 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi John and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for two years now and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote