Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: many
Conversion OSErrno1 Operation not permitted?

I've never had a problem with conversion before. When I choose a book to convert, I get this message: OSError:[Errno 1] Operation not permitted. Thank you for looking at the log to help diagnose what mess I've surely caused

Edited to add: This error message comes up no matter which book I select in any library. I'm continuing to search through the Conversion forum, but haven't run into this problem yet. Thank you so much!

Here is the log:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 2.58.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>OSError</b>:[Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Users/Home/Library/Preferences/calibre/conversion/metadata.py'

calibre 2.58 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-14.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '14.5.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0: Tue Sep 1 21:23:09 PDT 2015; root:xnu-2782.50.1~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.11
OSX: ('10.10.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Inept Epub DeDRM && Extract ISBN && Search The Internet && Walk Search History && EpubMerge && Kindle Collections && Modify ePub && Count Pages && Manage Series && Quality Check && Generate Cover && Favourites Menu && Find Duplicates && Open With && View Manager && Annotations
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/convert.py", line 156, in convert_ebook
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/convert.py", line 173, in do_convert
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tools.py", line 41, in convert_single_ebook
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 152, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 210, in setup_pipeline
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 208, in widget_factory
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/metadata.py", line 61, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/__init__.py", line 80, in initialize_options
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/config.py", line 36, in load_defaults
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/lock.py", line 139, in __enter__
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/lock.py", line 118, in unix_open
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Users/Home/Library/Preferences/calibre/conversion/metadata.py'

Last edited by Hattie; 06-09-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates the permissions are likely incorrect on the calibre configuration directory /Users/Home/Library/Preferences/calibre

Incidentally is your username really Home?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

You miss nothing Kovid! No, my username isn't Home, hope that's okay!

I'm not sure if this is what you've suggested, but I ran "repair disk permissions" with Disk Utility and didn't see a problem with Calibre.

Thank you for your help!
Old 06-09-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to check the ownership and permissions on that directory and its subdirectories. Unfortunately not being a mac user I cant recall how to do that using the OS X gui, but in a terminal you can reset permissions using the chown and chmod commands.

Alternatively, just rename that directory and calibre will create a new one for you with hopefully the correct permissions. But note that doing so means you lose all calibre settings/plugins.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 06-09-2016 at 09:24 PM.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
Hattie
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply Kovid!
Advert