Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #781
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Hoods7070 - payback time, maybe your can help here Question in regards to modifying the "insert metadata as a page in a book"

Cheers BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #782
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
This is all ancient history now, I know, but thought I'd let anyone interested know for the record that there is no doubt the culprit for all the speed issues I have had is definitely the HDD in my laptop. I was recently using Calibre on my USB3 portable and to my delight everything mentioned in this thread whizzed along as it should! So now Calibre resides on the USB drive - not altogether convenient but also quite a good thing in that my library is now portable.

The abysmal (ABYSMAL!!) drive speed doesn't noticeably affect anything else I use, but it's agonizing using Calibre for anything beyond 2/3-book library modification/maintenance. Seriously, what's the use of Toshiba making a fast i7 machine then reducing it's functionality to WWII standards with the drive in it!!?
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2014, 03:15 AM   #783
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
This is all ancient history now, I know, but thought I'd let anyone interested know for the record that there is no doubt the culprit for all the speed issues I have had is definitely the HDD in my laptop. I was recently using Calibre on my USB3 portable and to my delight everything mentioned in this thread whizzed along as it should! So now Calibre resides on the USB drive - not altogether convenient but also quite a good thing in that my library is now portable.

The abysmal (ABYSMAL!!) drive speed doesn't noticeably affect anything else I use, but it's agonizing using Calibre for anything beyond 2/3-book library modification/maintenance. Seriously, what's the use of Toshiba making a fast i7 machine then reducing it's functionality to WWII standards with the drive in it!!?
have you checked the S.M.A.R.T. status of the drive?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #784
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
have you checked the S.M.A.R.T. status of the drive?
I have now - thanks for the suggestion. I ran Crystal Disk Info and everything checks out. Having Calibre on the portable is really fine, many advantages, so I won't pursue this hard drive thing any further - SSD prices gave me palpitations!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #785
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
I have now - thanks for the suggestion. I ran Crystal Disk Info and everything checks out. Having Calibre on the portable is really fine, many advantages, so I won't pursue this hard drive thing any further - SSD prices gave me palpitations!
SSD's are way cheaper than my FIRST MFM (5.25" 1/2 height) HD. US$425 for 40 MB (yes, Megabytes) Seagate.
But yes for the price of 6T of drives, you can get 1 small SSD
Advert
Old 10-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #786
Hoods7070
Groupie

Quote:
SSD's are way cheaper than my FIRST MFM (5.25" 1/2 height) HD. US$425 for 40 MB (yes, Megabytes) Seagate.
But yes for the price of 6T of drives, you can get 1 small SSD
Yes, my gosh. I might pop one in at some stage, but right now I am actually enjoying my $60 1TB USB3 drive.

My first computer in the early 90s was an Osborne portable which cost $5K, which included a state of the art dot matrix printer ... whoohee! I try to remind myself of those CPM and BASIC when I get tight about peripherals.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #787
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Incredible plugin, removed a piece of epubs I didn't want in a second! Thank you a lot, kiwidude!
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #788
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Not sure if this is the right place but was having daydreams about additions to this plugin... things like a check for authors with more than x (user number) words EXCLUDING "&". A search for first name of only two letters (to find initials). A search for initials with or without a period (depending on your preference.

And while at "wishlist" thinking how about a search for titles that match to an author.

Just spent quite a bit of time going through the list of authors to find errors and noticed some patterns lol.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #789
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
Not sure if this is the right place but was having daydreams about additions to this plugin... things like a check for authors with more than x (user number) words EXCLUDING "&". A search for first name of only two letters (to find initials). A search for initials with or without a period (depending on your preference.

And while at "wishlist" thinking how about a search for titles that match to an author.

Just spent quite a bit of time going through the list of authors to find errors and noticed some patterns lol.
The FIX section can repair non-standard (your standard) initials
It usually is preceded by running Check Metadata: Check Authors Initials

Multiple Authors (or for tags)
A standard Search (the one at the top). authors:#>4
Old 11-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #790
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"wishlist" thinking how about a search for titles that match to an author

Quote:
@LadyKate:

The QuarantineAndScrub add-on/plug-in routinely repairs trashed out metadata, such as Author embedded in the Title, or vice versa, and combinations thereof that may or may not include Series and Series Index embedded within Author and/or Title. It also removes Tags that are really Authors or Titles or Series, and derives the proper Series and Series Index that are embedded in the Author or Title instead of being where they belong. Plus a whole lot more than that.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #791
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Quote:
The FIX section can repair non-standard (your standard) initials
It usually is preceded by running Check Metadata: Check Authors Initials

Multiple Authors (or for tags)
A standard Search (the one at the top). authors:#>4
Thank you theducks. The number authors:#>4 gets me all my anthologies lol. Wondering if there is a way to modify that to get authors:#>4 and not connected with an &.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #792
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thank you theducks. The number authors:#>4 gets me all my anthologies lol. Wondering if there is a way to modify that to get authors:#>4 and not connected with an &.
Turn that query into a saved search, that way you can run a more simple, filtered secondary query looking for separator characters in the authors field
Old 12-08-2014, 03:26 AM   #793
ajinkyakolhe112
ajinkyakolhe112 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hi,
Can anyone please modify the plugin, So fixing asin works on azw3 files also?
ajinkyakolhe112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #794
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajinkyakolhe112 View Post
Hi,
Can anyone please modify the plugin, So fixing asin works on azw3 files also?
It already does...

What happened?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #795
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Is there a way to check embedded fonts in AZW files?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote