Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
(novice)note taking available?

I saw it on the specification details but couldn't find out the review about note taking yet. Is stylus pen used? Please show me some info about this..
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Stylus input is necessary due to the screen technology. You can't tap with your fingers.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
Jori
Jori will become famous soon enoughJori will become famous soon enoughJori will become famous soon enoughJori will become famous soon enoughJori will become famous soon enoughJori will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Several forum members from both the English and German sub-forum have been asking about the annotation capabilities of the pocketbooks 603 / 903 for some time now.

However, as pocketbook team members hardly seem to react, I have come to the believe that taking notes (i.e. writing down your own thoughts via stylus, virtual keyboard or bluetooth keyboard) is not in the capability of the 903 (though i'd love to be taught otherwise).

The note taking function that pocketbook advertises on their homepage seems to be restricted to copying segments from already existing documents for later referral.

In the German sub-forum, it has been mentioned that the 903 does not support handwriting recognition (yet).
However, it seems another option might be to scribble your notes and save them (possibly) as a picture file.

Though I do understand that functionality of the new devices is limited by the use of eINK technology, I sincerely do believe that Pockebook team should let their customers know about possible restrictions, as there seem to be quite a few forum members who took a leap of faith and ordered the 903 because of its supposed annotation capabilities.

Last edited by Jori; 11-26-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
They have been demoing the notes program, and the SDK does include drawing with the pointer in the notes function, so I expect at least that is in there. The notes the SDK uses are stored as HTML with BMP files for both the drawn graphics and selected portions from books (where the HTML has links back to the book). Here's a video showing notes on the 903. This is not, however, scribbling in or on books, and margin note taking has been mentioned as on the wishlist, I think.

Edit: As for keyboard and text entry, that was a selling point of the 302, and there's no good excuse for its absence. It was promised months ago. Apparently PB have made themselves busy with the newer models.

Last edited by LoneTech; 11-26-2010 at 02:42 PM.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWERS!! NOW I SEE IT..^^
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert