Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
dreeds
dreeds began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Error registering a second PC

I am trying to register a second PC so we can download books at home. I get the message:

"There was an problem authorizing/de-authorizing your device. Please contact CONNECT Customer Service to resolve this issue.
Error code 3-048"

I've been in contact with Sony support but so far their suggestions have not resolved the problem. Has anyone else seen this?
dreeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I saw it with registering a Reader, but a hard reset fixed it. For the PC ... I guess you might try re-installing the Connect Software. Beyond that, I can't think of anything.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
cmumford
Connoisseur
cmumford began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
What version of the OS?
cmumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Has to be WinXP -- Connect won't install on anything else presently. But I guess if dreeds is running parallels or some such, then it might make a difference ... but he did say 'PC' so, it's probably WinXP.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
dreeds

I'm running XP SP1. I asked Sony if SP2 was required but they didn't respond to that question.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:25 PM   #6
dreeds

I was able to resolve this. The second PC was on a small home network and connecting to the internet with internet connection sharing. Once I switched it so that it was dialing out directly (yes I have no high-speed connection), it worked fine.