Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
mlevin77
Enthusiast
mlevin77 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
please help move library

Someone populated a Calibre library for me. She did it on a Windows XP system, and gave me all the files in a folder. There are a bunch of folders plus the metadata.db file. I tried copying it into an empty library folder for Calibre on my Mac (OS X 10.6.8) but when it starts, Calibre tells me the library is corrupted and is unable to recover all the books. What is the appropriate way to export/import all the data?

thank you!!
mlevin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
How were you given the library? If it was on a DVD then all the lies will have had their read-only attribute set. It might be just a case of running the command required to ensure that you have write access to all the files and folders.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
mlevin77
Enthusiast
mlevin77 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hmm. The files were put into my shared Dropbox folder. I have read-write access to all of them, after copying them to my hard drive.
mlevin77 is offline   Reply With Quote