Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
kiddosk
kiddosk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Cool Greetings from Pennsylvania!

I always thought I was somewhat of a techno geek, and for Christmas this year I became even more geekified! My boyfriend gave me a HTC Hero smart phone, and my kids gave me a Sony Reader. Add these to my EeePC, I can fit all my electronics in my purse! I'm having fun learning all the ins and outs of my new toys, but still a newbie. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
kiddosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, kiddosk.

One thing the Sony is absolutely great for, is reading library ebooks.

If your local library carries a decent selection in epub or pdf, you can download to your computer, thence to your reader.

All software needed is free, and downloadable from your library site.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
kiddosk

Thanks! I actually got my library card today and "checked out" my first book. My kids also gave me a Sony Reader Store gift certificate, but I am really stingy. I want to make sure my first book purchase is special...lol. I've been shopping for 3 days!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Welcome to MobileRead kiddosk.

nice to have you here.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Whereabouts in PA are you? I'm over in the eastern part. It was really friggin' cold today I must say.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Whoop whoop! Gotta love those technogirlgeeks!

Welcome to MR!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #7
kiddosk

I'm in the west end of the state. It was brutal here yesterday, but a little warmer today. Thirties tomorrow!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi kiddosk and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #9
kiddosk

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddosk View Post
Thanks! I actually got my library card today and "checked out" my first book. My kids also gave me a Sony Reader Store gift certificate, but I am really stingy. I want to make sure my first book purchase is special...lol. I've been shopping for 3 days!
lol I'm the same way, I got a gift certificate and can't make up my mind on what to get - I want it to be something really special! Welcome to MobileRead, and make sure to download yourself some free public domain books from this site!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote