Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
mayhem3030
mayhem3030 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Help needed with Calibre

Hello

I have a website where members can upload their manuscript in either

.doc , .docx or .html formats (I can restrict this to just .doc if it helps).

They also upload a title, a description and a book cover.

Currently I am taking each manuscript uploaded and running it through Calibre. Then I upload the results to the website and link the location of the converted files to the members original upload.

I have tried reading the calibre manual to see whether this process can be automated. It mentions the use of "Calibre Server".

So I have a HTML form which uploads the information, and PHP script which saves the file upload to the server.

Is there a way of adding some code to my PHP script that invokes calibre and converts the uploaded file - saving the results back onto the server and providing the URLS so I can link them to the original upload?

This would save me a lot of time since the website is starting to get busier.

The same functionality would be needed for members who "upload a new manuscript" this would be converted and the new locations would replace the old ones (with the old converted files being deleted).

I am on Skype if anyone has questions. If you have experience in implementing this type of functionality please let me know. I'm finding it hard to find anyone who has done this before (I have a small budget to spend on automating the file conversion process).

Thanks

Mike
mayhem3030 is offline   Reply With Quote