Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #91
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Yeah, it looks like that's possible. If it's as easy as I think, I'll post it tonight.
dude... where can I send you a paypal donation.. !

You rock!
F.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #92
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500

Thanks for the sentiment, but I'm just trying to help out the community that has helped me. No donations necessary.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2007, 12:10 AM   #93
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamaest View Post
Question, do you think someone can produce a hack which will allow the audio-track changing [and possibly pause] functions while reading a book?
I've long wondered why the "Hold vol + and vol - at the same time" thing produces a 'volume mute" -- muting seems rather pointless to me in a device that has no speakers. I'd think that one would be an obvious thing to switch to a pause operation ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:14 AM   #94
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamaest View Post
dude... where can I send you a paypal donation.. !

You rock!
F.
Quote:

Thanks for the sentiment, but I'm just trying to help out the community that has helped me. No donations necessary.
That's probably why your karma count is so high -- remember, everyone, you can thank Nogg with karma, even if he won't let you send him PayPal stuff.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #95
tzoom84
tzoom84 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
What is history, TOC, bookmarks?

I am new to these hacks and I got a bit confused when looking over the hack list. The hack descriptions seem to be shortened. For example, they say "TOC", "History", and "Bookmarks", without further description.

What do these hacks do to the TOC, History, and bookmarks exactly? I wasn't able to find an easy source for the functionality of these.

Thanks
tzoom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #96
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Download HackBuilder and take a look in the Help menu. There are some short, but fuller, descriptions of the functionality.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Download HackBuilder and take a look in the Help menu. There are some short, but fuller, descriptions of the functionality.
What I think could use documentation is what happens when you select the hacks and then change the key functions and the various key functions mean.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #98
Nogg
Literate!

In one of the most recent versions, there are descriptions of what the key functions are.

I tried to make it obvious in the hack descriptions which functions get overridden. If there are particular ones that are unclear, let me know and I'll update them.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #99
jaybee
Enthusiast
jaybee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Touch PRS-500
Thank you, thank you for these hacks and for making them so easy to install!
I particularly like the joystick page flip.

One question: I installed several items using HackBuilder, but I did not include the history hack. If I want to add that now, can I add just it, or do I have to re-flash all the hacks that I previously installed?
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:47 AM   #100
Nogg
Literate!

You could edit the xml files manually, but if you're using HackBuilder, you have to reselect all your hacks plus the history and flash it all at once.

The good news is that the latest version of HackBuilder allows you to save your hack settings so that you won't have to keep reselecting them in the future.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #101
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Moved....

Last edited by BobVA; 10-06-2007 at 08:00 PM.
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #102
inflrc
Member Retired
inflrc began at the beginning.

There is one place where explain who and what I have to do to make a Hack?.

I have one PRS-500 and I'm a programmer and I would like make some hacks.
inflrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #103
Nogg
Literate!

Unfortunately, there's no official API reference or anything. The way I did it was to look at the existing hacks and reverse engineer the javascript.