Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2007, 05:48 AM   #31
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraS15 View Post
ok, I have a quick question about all of this... I can convert everything fine from my archives > PDF > lrf... now when I put it all on my Sony PRS505 reader the books just seem so large (one volume can have over 200 pages). Now, each volume of manga has many chapters within it (10 chapters or so). Is there any way for me to get a table of contents in there?? Ideally, I'd like to have Volume 1 as a whole book and Chapters 1-xx as chapters that i can navigate to with a table of contents... How can I get a table of contents in there to navigate the chapters easier??

Use rasterfarian, it's my recommended combo with manga2ebook.
you'll get a nice TOC then.
http://hightech.afmag.net/using-rast...r-a-howto.html
http://hightech.afmag.net/rasterfari...sion-here.html
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:01 PM   #32
Twan
Twan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
First of all I'd like to thank you for creating this wonderful program. However I do have a little query.

I usually have autorotate landscape on, but have noticed that some of the rotated landscape pics have the top and bottom cut off. I presume this is because of the aspect ratio of these landscape pics and that I have "resize based on portrait". I guess "resize based on landscape" would sort this out but would probably lead to my portrait pics being cropped instead. Is there a way to prevent cropping of these landscape pics whilst keeping the original aspect ratio.

Er... I hope you understand what I'm trying to say as I don't think I've explained myself too well.

Thanks!

Last edited by Twan; 12-23-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Twan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #33
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A new version of manga2ebook has been released:
http://kmfstudio.com/another_version...nga2ebook.html
Added:
Increased speed.
Added unsharp mask option. This will create a sharper image which result in sharper contrast when pulled through rasterfarian
Added a “clear” option to quickly clear the filename.

Added features, but not fully tested:
Added crop option. Just type in the pixels you want to cut off the 4 sides of the image. Useful in conjunction with split.
Possible to split images into two. Useful for archives which has 2pages in one.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #34
DasFool
DasFool began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Kindle DXG
I've installed and played with the new version. I like it. One thing that threw me off initially was that it doesn't display the page number it's currently working on, and I thought the program had frozen. Thankfully I browsed through the directories and saw that it was creating images so I left it alone while it did its thing. Perhaps you could add a more obvious indication that it's still working so people know to not force close it. If a page display isn't simple, maybe a percentage done would be better, like:

[55% complete]

or something like that.

Secondly, I tried the split function and I think it does what it's supposed to, but not what I thought it was going to. Sometimes a normal manga will have an image that spans two pages, but the rest of the book is normally page by page. I thought this function might intelligently split files that were much wider (nearly twice the width of a normal image in the collection) into 2 pages.

P.S. Small help tooltips when hovering over different options would add a nice finish to your project

*You still need Imagemagick installed in order to use this software.

Last edited by DasFool; 04-07-2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Added note about Imagemagick
DasFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #35
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
A new version of manga2ebook has been released:
http://kmfstudio.com/another_version...nga2ebook.html
Added:
Increased speed.
Added unsharp mask option. This will create a sharper image which result in sharper contrast when pulled through rasterfarian
Added a “clear” option to quickly clear the filename.

Added features, but not fully tested:
Added crop option. Just type in the pixels you want to cut off the 4 sides of the image. Useful in conjunction with split.
Possible to split images into two. Useful for archives which has 2pages in one.

I note that I'm having problems with accessing this page. Says there are database connection issues.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #36
wonderboy
Enthusiast
wonderboy began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Smart Q7, iPod Touch, Blackberry 8820
Question Having problems with Manga2Ebook v1.0.3

I love the idea of this program, and its execution seems to be perfect except for one problem. No matter how I try to convert my .cbz/.cbr files the pages are never in the right order. They view just fine in both Comic Rack and Cdisplay, but Manga2Ebook jumbles them up. It seems like the program is not using the file name to sort but some other field, maybe the modified date/time? Is there some way to make this sorting ability user specified. One other item, is it possible to make individual .pdf's for each .cbz/.cbr instead of just one large .pdf of all .cbz/.cbr files in a directory?
wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:14 AM   #37
athlonkmf
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
I love the idea of this program, and its execution seems to be perfect except for one problem. No matter how I try to convert my .cbz/.cbr files the pages are never in the right order. They view just fine in both Comic Rack and Cdisplay, but Manga2Ebook jumbles them up. It seems like the program is not using the file name to sort but some other field, maybe the modified date/time? Is there some way to make this sorting ability user specified. One other item, is it possible to make individual .pdf's for each .cbz/.cbr instead of just one large .pdf of all .cbz/.cbr files in a directory?
The program sorts the pages in the order of archive/foldername->filename. Are the files named correctly. IE 01.jpg to 10.jpg and not 1.jpg (missing 1 padding)

It is meant to batch process volumes of material.
At this moment it can't do individual pdfs
Old 07-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #38
wonderboy
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. I am pretty sure that the file names are correct. I will check that.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #39
wonderboy
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, my file names are named correctly (01, 02, 03, etc). It still is unable to sort the pages correctly. I really like the batch function, but JE Comics seems to work much better in keeping the pages in order.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #40
psychowood
Enthusiast
psychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmos

Device: Likebook Mars
athlonkmf, any plans on releasing the sources of Manga2Ebook?
psychowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #41
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
If I have a series of comic book images, is there anyway to use this program to combine them into one long image file?

For instance, if I have comic pages 1-4, the image would look like this:

---
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
---

I'd also like to rotate this long image file if I could, but it's not necessary.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #42
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
I found out that .pdf page flip is a lot slower than .lrf format.
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #43
psychowood
Enthusiast
psychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmos

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi1d33d View Post
I found out that .pdf page flip is a lot slower than .lrf format.
That's why you should feed the Manga2eBook generated pdf to Rasterfarian
psychowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #44
JoshuaH
JoshuaH began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Has anyone got manga2ebook to work under windows 7 x64? I am forced to use the xp virtual pc. Any ideas?
JoshuaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 AM   #45
oozaru
oozaru began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
http://help.oozaru.ch/

check this out easy way how to get mangas on your e reader in 4 easy steps on every windows.

What are the main Functions of this Tutorial?

- Split any image file with two page on it into 2 separate files.

- Sort it from left to right.

- Make them better Visible by Sharpening the files and set the right setting for the Contrast.

- Convert them into a PDF which will fit to you Reader (600x800px)
oozaru is offline   Reply With Quote