Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #121
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Thank you pkbo! This is very clear and now I find useful! Because I did not understand the icons, my feeling was the notes are there, but I can not select what I want!

But know I understand it!

If you get the shading working, this CR3 is for me complete!

Also, double check on notes that on some books, appears some strange characters between sentences. I will post an example so you can see.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
sein thanks for the clarification.

I will try to explain. There are five possible actions:
  1. Move selection
  2. Increase selection by paragraph
  3. Decrease selection by paragraph
  4. Increase selection by phrase
  5. Decrease selection by phrase
There should be five icons on the bottom of the page representing possible actions and currently selected action. You can select the action by pressing left/right buttons of the joystick. Actions performed by pressing the up or the down buttons of the joystick. I guess moving is obvious. About increasing/decreasing selection. You may consider it as pushing|pulling selection boundaries. When you increase selection up button pulls upper boundary and down button pulls lower boundary. When you decrease selection up button pushes lower boundary and up button pushes upper boundary.

I agree it would be usefull, let me see what can be done here.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #122
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
CoolReader for PocketBook, v0.0.5-4 is here:

Changes (according to pkbo):

+ Select the saved citations gray
+ Ability in the dictionary (the list) to scroll page by page (By default, a long down | up)
+ ZYZH Highlighter quotations gray background by default, who does not like (for gray color affects paging) can be turned off, writing a file cr3.ini crengine.highlight.bookmarks = 0

For Pro series 60x/90x/360 +:
http://narod.ru/disk/16458666001/pkb...ro-0.0.5-4.zip

For PB 3xx, 301, 360
http://narod.ru/disk/16458636001/pkb...0.5-4.zip.html

Alternate skin:
http://narod.ru/disk/15972635001/cr3-pb-skin51.zip.html

Thanks, pkbo!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #123
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
Hi,

I haven't had the time to follow the thread on every update. Just wanted to ask before trying it out again: does this version support touchscreen? I'm on a 302.

Thanks!
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #124
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepie View Post
Hi,
does this version support touchscreen?
No, it doesn't
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #125
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Unfortunately I've got a whole bunch of books from BEAN free library where I'm unable to change Font style or even size
I'm afraid I can't fix this. Please read this message by author of CoolReader. If your books are similarly formatted you can copy contents of embedded css into epub.css file and modify it for your needs. But I guess you already know it. I'm sorry I can't provide you with better solution.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #126
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

yes yes yes!! pkbo and sein: thank you!

This is it men!! CR3 for me is complete!

this two things are cosmestic, i can deal with them:
1-the 3x3 pop up menu still not in the correct order, but i read at the top, no problem
2-some book, after i take the note, inserts some characters that are not part of the original text., but I can read over, i can deal with that one also!

Again! thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
CoolReader for PocketBook, v0.0.5-4 is here:

Changes (according to pkbo):

+ Select the saved citations gray
+ Ability in the dictionary (the list) to scroll page by page (By default, a long down | up)
+ ZYZH Highlighter quotations gray background by default, who does not like (for gray color affects paging) can be turned off, writing a file cr3.ini crengine.highlight.bookmarks = 0

For Pro series 60x/90x/360 +:
http://narod.ru/disk/16458666001/pkb...ro-0.0.5-4.zip

For PB 3xx, 301, 360
http://narod.ru/disk/16458636001/pkb...0.5-4.zip.html

Alternate skin:
http://narod.ru/disk/15972635001/cr3-pb-skin51.zip.html

Thanks, pkbo!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:59 AM   #127
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks pkbo, thanks sein!
But in this version I cannot make the notes work - when I click any of the note taking styles, any heading in the page is automatically selected, and that's it. If there is no heading, sometimes I am thrown back to the first page in the book, sometimes some apparently randomly selected paragraph is highlighted. In short, I cannot see/move the cursor: is it me or is it an incompatibility with 2.1.1.?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #128
skydive
Addict

Paola: did you try this instructions? mine is working as this instructions

Originally Posted by pkbo

Move selection
Increase selection by paragraph
Decrease selection by paragraph
Increase selection by phrase
Decrease selection by phrase
There should be five icons on the bottom of the page representing possible actions and currently selected action. You can select the action by pressing left/right buttons of the joystick. Actions performed by pressing the up or the down buttons of the joystick. I guess moving is obvious. About increasing/decreasing selection. You may consider it as pushing|pulling selection boundaries. When you increase selection up button pulls upper boundary and down button pulls lower boundary. When you decrease selection up button pushes lower boundary and up button pushes upper boundary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thanks pkbo, thanks sein!
But in this version I cannot make the notes work - when I click any of the note taking styles, any heading in the page is automatically selected, and that's it. If there is no heading, sometimes I am thrown back to the first page in the book, sometimes some apparently randomly selected paragraph is highlighted. In short, I cannot see/move the cursor: is it me or is it an incompatibility with 2.1.1.?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #129
skydive
Addict

@pkbo: how do I deselect text in the note if I made a mistake? I mean, for the new feature of shade on the note.
thanks
Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #130
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Paola: did you try this instructions? mine is working as this instructions

Originally Posted by pkbo

Move selection
Increase selection by paragraph
Decrease selection by paragraph
Increase selection by phrase
Decrease selection by phrase

Thanks skydive, I did see that, but my problem is that once the note mode is on, I cannot find the way to tell the machine where I would like the note to start - it looks like one of the first paragraphs is selected at random, and pressing the escape button (left of the joystick) exits the notes mode altogether.
Of course I may be missing something, but I also wonder whether there is an incompatibility with the firmware I am using (2.1.1)
Old 06-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #131
skydive
Addict

Ther version that I am running on my PB902 is 2.1.1 too.

I have to tell that is a tricky how to use the controls..... Normally i select then complete paragraphs

Quote:
Thanks skydive, I did see that, but my problem is that once the note mode is on, I cannot find the way to tell the machine where I would like the note to start - it looks like one of the first paragraphs is selected at random, and pressing the escape button (left of the joystick) exits the notes mode altogether.
Of course I may be missing something, but I also wonder whether there is an incompatibility with the firmware I am using (2.1.1)
Old 06-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #132
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Ther version that I am running on my PB902 is 2.1.1 too.

I have to tell that is a tricky how to use the controls..... Normally i select then complete paragraphs
ah, but maybe the PB903 is not that good with button controls (given that it is designed with teh stylus in mind)? At any rate, suppose the paragraph you want to select is towards the bottom of the page: how do ou get there?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #133
skydive
Addict

Ok. The first icon at the left, move into pargraphs. You use left button to the left to select that icon. then use up /down button. If the paragraph continue to the next page, you will see that CR3 turn to the next page. I have to tell you, IT IS TRICKY!! but at least i know how to use the first ICON.

Quote:
ah, but maybe the PB903 is not that good with button controls (given that it is designed with teh stylus in mind)? At any rate, suppose the paragraph you want to select is towards the bottom of the page: how do ou get there?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #134
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
@pkbo: how do I deselect text in the note if I made a mistake? I mean, for the new feature of shade on the note.
thanks
There is no way to deselect
I think I will make a list of notes similar to the bookmarks list and you will be able to go to the location of the note and remove it from the list (this will deselect text in the book). Maybe some later these lists will be united with Table of contents I don't know yet.

Last edited by pkbo; 06-20-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #135
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
ah, but maybe the PB903 is not that good with button controls (given that it is designed with teh stylus in mind)?
AFAIK the PB 903 has the same buttons as PB902 has so it shouldn't be the problem. I understand that it would be natural to use stylus for selection but I don't have one and so I don't much interested in supporting it.