Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Neoprene slip case for the Reader

http://www.thepouch.com/sony-prs-500.html

"The Pouch is made of tough, water-resistant Neoprene,* plus additional padding. There's a hard plastic shield embedded in the long padded front flap that will cover the Sony Reader's vulnerable display.

The factory-direct price of The Pouch case, made to fit the Sony Reader like an expensive glove, is $29.95 in Basic Black. For an additional $2.00, The Pouch will custom-make the case in your choice of one of our striking, eye-catching colors. A sturdy, spear-in locking buckle on the back that can secure The Pouch to a belt or purse-strap is standard, but if you prefer, for just $1.00, we will attach a high quality, spring-steel belt clip on the back."

I am worried that the standard cover that comes with the Reader is not enough for protection. What do you think about this case?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	H3600small.gif
Views:	828
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1660  
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
I am worried that the standard cover that comes with the Reader is not enough for protection. What do you think about this case?
I purchased The Pouch for my iLiad and I liked what I got.

The only 2 issues were:
1. It's a tight fit, so when you put it in, buttons are pressed on the unit.
2. It's inconvient to take it out and put it in all the time.

But those are more issues with this type of case and not issues with the case itself.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
randyman
Enthusiast
randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Now, iPad!
thumbs up

I purchased The Pouch with the hard cover flap for the Reader, and now I wouldn't be without it. Perfect fit, makes it much safer to carry the Reader arround.

I really believe that anyone who gets it will be verrrrry happy with it.
randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:11 AM   #4
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyman
I purchased The Pouch with the hard cover flap for the Reader, and now I wouldn't be without it. Perfect fit, makes it much safer to carry the Reader arround.

I really believe that anyone who gets it will be verrrrry happy with it.

May sound like a crazy question but does this Pouch fit over the reader with it's case on? And really how snug is it. Is it a pain to get the reader out of? I am really interesting in something like this. I am also wondering if I could just sew something up for it, would be simple enough to do, just finding something heavy is the problem I think.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
May sound like a crazy question but does this Pouch fit over the reader with it's case on? And really how snug is it.
Not crazy unless I'm crazy too. This is just what I was wondering!!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #6
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Guess we have to wait for Randyman for the answer, or anyone else if they have this pouch......
Old 11-21-2006, 05:58 AM   #7
randyman
Enthusiast
randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Now, iPad!
Hi, gang -

Yep, the Pouch seems designed to hold the Reader with its case *on*. It slides in and out pretty easily, while still maintaining a nicely tailored fit. I think that without the case, the Reader would be kind of swimming around inside the Pouch. Still, the way the top flap is designed, it should still be adjustable enought to hold it securely.

Not the entire Pouch is neoprene... the back seems to be padded rip-stop nylon sized to exactly match the Reader in its cover, and a neoprene layer goes over its top and sides. It's sized so well that the neoprene is just barely under tension when you insert the Reader... so getting it in and out is no problem.

As I said, I couldn't be happier with it; I really feel the Reader is safe when I'm carrying it around protected this way.

Last edited by randyman; 11-21-2006 at 06:00 AM.
randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:18 AM   #8
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Thank you Randy....... I plain on getting this pouch and the cradle when my SONY Gift of $100 using their credit card kicks in. I love free, LOL.........And I just bought hubby a new all in one printer so I used that card to get things moving.

Now to decide if I want a color on that pouch or stick with all black <G> Decisions, decisions.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #9
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Any chance of getting some pictures of this thing in the "real world?" Be much appreciated. I always wrap my Reader in a plastic bag when I take it outside. I'd love a real case for it!
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #10
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
I ordered one of these Saturday. He said they will be building it Tuesday, and I should receive it by Friday. I'll post my review with photos when I get it.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:27 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ
I ordered one of these Saturday. He said they will be building it Tuesday, and I should receive it by Friday. I'll post my review with photos when I get it.
Thanks.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #12
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Price is now $34.95.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still wondering how I missed this thread originally. Anyway, I talked to them and they said that the case would fit over the standard cover and asked me to confirm the measurements of my Reader in case. They said that they would make the case to fit the leather cover if I wanted as long as I gave them the measurements. I declined as I rather like the original microfiber case. (I'm one of those that likes to bend the cover back for reading.)

I picked up the pouch (green) for traveling. Around the house I don't need it. On a trip I think it will be well worth the cost. The few times I have traveled so far with the reader I kept it in my hard shell briefcase. That briefcase is now gone and replaced with a softside one, thus the need for more protection.

He said that it would ship tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #14
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I contacted them and they said they can send it to the UK, no problem. 15$.
I am going to wait for DougFNJ visual report , then we will see.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #15
RWood
Technogeezer

Mine arrived today. It looks great and fits great. I will post pictures this weekend.