Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Joyful
Connoisseur
Joyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo
Any other way to get the WiFi firmware upgrade?

I'd like to get the new firmware for my WiFi Kobo but I don't use the Kobo desktop app. I much prefer Calibre. I also don't use WiFi at all, preferring to buy and download via my computer.
I've been reading that to get the firmware upgrade you need to synch the Kobo with the desktop app and I don't really want to do that as I don't know what it may do to the organization I set up through Calibre.
So is there any other way to get the upgrade?
Or is there some way to synch without the desktop app changing things on my Kobo?
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful
So is there any other way to get the upgrade?
Or is there some way to synch without the desktop app changing things on my Kobo?
Turn on the WiFi and connect and it will upgrade the firmware. Then shut the WiFi off.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Joyful
Connoisseur
Joyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo
Got it.
Many thanks, ltr.
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote