Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Adobe Reader for iOS

Adobe Launches Adobe Reader For iOS

Quote:
Adobe has just launched a version of its PDF Reader, Adobe Reader for iOS devices, which supports iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The new, free application, available here in iTunes, lets users view PDF files opened via email, on the Web or from within any application that supports iOS’s “Open In” functionality.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
How does it compare to Goodreader?

Can you fix the horizontal scroll, fix the orientation?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I've been using Goodreader and Documents to Go (and I've tried a few other readers) and all of them had trouble displaying the particular document that I was mostly using them for. Random lines (fairly tightly-packed text) would be cut vertically in half with only the bottom half (usually) of the text displaying. I downloaded the Adobe Reader app and did not have this display probmel (which, I checked, I was still having with my other readers).
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
I've been using Goodreader and Documents to Go (and I've tried a few other readers) and all of them had trouble displaying the particular document that I was mostly using them for. Random lines (fairly tightly-packed text) would be cut vertically in half with only the bottom half (usually) of the text displaying. I downloaded the Adobe Reader app and did not have this display probmel (which, I checked, I was still having with my other readers).
Interesting! PDF is an open standard now (not controlled by Adobe), so everyone can write their own PDF reader and writer software, but I haven't run into too many conflicts with OSX (which has its own PDF reader) or iOS apps.

Do you know what application created the PDFs that other apps can't read properly, but Reader can?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I don't even use Adobe's bloated and riddled withbsecurity flaws app on my PC. I have no desire to put it on my iPad. GoodReader works great for me.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:39 AM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The significance of Adobe Reader for iOS (& Android) is that it supports Adobe-specific PDF features, in particular the various types of PDF encryption, password protection, PDF portfolios, viewing markups etc. Those are not requirements for everyone, but it is good to finally have these options on iOS.

http://blogs.adobe.com/acrobat/2011/...eader-ios.html
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote