Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
gixxermenace
gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: sony prs 505
Sony PRS505 Black Leather Cover

i am looking for a new cover to replace the exisiting one that the ereader came with, it seems the only choice is this one ;

https://www.sonystyle.co.uk/SonyStyl...22BC29B72)/.do

or the one with the light attached

does the one without the light have pockets facing the screen that when shut can scratch it ? and is it any more rugged than the standard one ?
gixxermenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20
WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleKB (fixed battery!) and a new Kobo Glo!
Afternoon.

No, the black leather cover has no pockets anywhere. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed as a pocket in the back would have been rather useful. The leather is nice and soft but has stiffeners of some sort so it is a little more protective (of the screen) than the original.

Tra

Pig.
WigglePig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
gixxermenace
gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: sony prs 505
Cool, so as far as i can tell this and the one with the light are pretty much the only 2 options available ? just heading off on hoilday next week and wondered if there was a little more protection available for it ?

does the silicone cover, cover the screen ?
gixxermenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20
WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleKB (fixed battery!) and a new Kobo Glo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxermenace View Post
does the silicone cover, cover the screen ?
I don't think so, no.

I'm currently talking to a local leatherworker who does nice carved leather journals about making me a custom, aluminium stiffened, leather book-cover for my Reader, complete with leather laces to tie it shut old-style.

Failing that, I seem to remember that one of the generic-ish device (windows tablet PC, IIRC) cases fits pretty well.

Tra

Pig.
WigglePig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The premium cover at Sony.com does have pockets in the back. I would expect this one to be the same.
BTW, have anyone bought the three-fold cover? I'd love to hear some comments/see photos.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #6
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Yes, the premium leather cover (mine is black) has pockets on the back inside cover. One is a "large" pocket, it covers most of the width of the cover and about 3/4' the height. A Moleskine Pocket Cahier notebook fits perfectly. Stitched onto that pocket are two more: business card holder with a clear plastic front, and a pocket to hold an SD card.

The inside front cover is soft suede.

EDIT: I do notice that the US and UK have different cover options. For example, I don't see the silicon cover at www.sonystyle.com

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 09-08-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
SidBoggle
SidBoggle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
For those that are UK based there is a US seller on ebay.co.uk selling premium covers in all colours. Ebay are giving £10 off delivery until 19th September so if you get in quick you can order one of these for under £30 including UPS delivery which is pretty good value. Just got an order in for a red one
SidBoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
My black leather cover has a business card cover with a window, a large pocket that I carry cash or a credit card in, and a small pocket for a SD chip.
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote