Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #16
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
All of the information for this port is either on this page, or this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10035

To put all of the information together in one page, I can setup a page on mobileread's wiki. I'll let you know when that's setup.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
All of the information for this port is either on this page, or this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10035

To put all of the information together in one page, I can setup a page on mobileread's wiki. I'll let you know when that's setup.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #18
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Done.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/ILiad_FBReader
Old 03-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
I have tested with different chm-s, and I can't seem to get to the next page easily. (links are not shown to the next page) Pagebar works up to the end of the page, but then stops.
Is there any way to navigate easily to the next part/chapter/whatever in the chm?
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #20
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Right now, the only way is to use the table of contents. This is a limitation with FBReader. You'll need to talk to their developers in order to request different functionality within the program.
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #21
geometer
geometer began at the beginning.

Device: Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
Thank you! I've added this reference on the FBReader homepage (http://only.mawhrin.net/fbreader).

-- Nikolay Pultsin
geometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #22
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg
Do you have shell acces?
I downloaded the shell access today from ISD (I think). When I go to FBReader, nothing happens.

How do I verify the shell access installed correctly?

Or, do I need to remove the FBreader from the CF card and reload?

Or am I just not one that should have shell access?
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:24 PM   #23
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
I downloaded the shell access today from ISD (I think). When I go to FBReader, nothing happens.

How do I verify the shell access installed correctly?

Or, do I need to remove the FBreader from the CF card and reload?

Or am I just not one that should have shell access?
What happens precisely? If you get several seconds of blinking green LED, and then nothing, you probably have the shell script installed but FBReader fails to launch for some reason (same as for me?). You can verify that you have the shell script many ways, simplest is probably to install one of the other applications (e.g. the terminal application, that is the one that I think always works).

Launching a shell script without the shell extension properly installed should give you one green blink of the LED and no delay (same as launching a word file, or anything that the iLiad doesn't support).

In order to debug your problem, you probably have to install dropbear and launch FBReader using SSH, then you get the error messages. Or perhaps you can launch FBReader from the terminal. This can be difficult if you are unfamiliar with Linux.
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:32 PM   #24
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
What happens precisely? If you get several seconds of blinking green LED, and then nothing, you probably have the shell script installed but FBReader fails to launch for some reason (same as for me?). You can verify that you have the shell script many ways, simplest is probably to install one of the other applications (e.g. the terminal application, that is the one that I think always works).

Launching a shell script without the shell extension properly installed should give you one green blink of the LED and no delay (same as launching a word file, or anything that the iLiad doesn't support).

In order to debug your problem, you probably have to install dropbear and launch FBReader using SSH, then you get the error messages. Or perhaps you can launch FBReader from the terminal. This can be difficult if you are unfamiliar with Linux.
Hmm, not only am I unfamiliar with Linux, I don't have access to a Linux machine. I guess I'll just wait for a complete download from iRex (hint, hint).

I don't get a green blink. Nada, zilch, zip (or, for the UK crowd, nil).
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #25
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

If the green light doesn't blink even once, then the SHELL hack is probably not installed. Download mrxvt (search the forums) and see if that runs. If it does not, then it will verify that it's not installed.