Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #46
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
That was fast, goaspy! Does it only work with Snow Leopard? I have 10.5.8. I get the following error message:

"You cannot use this version of the application Order Books with this version of Mac OS X"
I have released version 0.2, and it should work on your system.

Good luck

Last edited by goaspy; 01-11-2011 at 03:05 PM.
goaspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #47
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaspy View Post
I have released version 0.2, and it should work on your system.

Good luck
Hooray! Thank you very much! What a great program! By the way, I tested it on my 900 as well, and it works fine. Therefore, I would suppose it should work on a 600 too and probably isn't limited to just the new X50 series of ereaders. Thanks again!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #48
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The 600's home screen is not like X50 series. Only the book currently being read shows on the home screen.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #49
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
The 600's home screen is not like X50 series. Only the book currently being read shows on the home screen.
Thanks for the clarification. I assumed it was similar to the 900 which does have the extra row of books.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #50
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The PRS-700 and PRS-600 have almost the same home screens, which are different from the 350/650/900/950.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS700.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	64618   Click image for larger version

Name:	1PRS-600_Reader_Angle_Black_lg.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	818.8 KB
ID:	64619  
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #51
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Very nice! Thanks!

I just wish there was a way to keep the three I've got up all the time, even though I'm constantly adding new books. When I'm out and about, I'm interrupted a lot by people who are curious about the Sony. I don't mind showing it off, but I'm usually reading pretty adult material, and need some 'safe' books to run to quickly. ; )

I like to use Sherlock Holmes for demonstrations, but they can take a minute or two to pull up. It'd be great if I could find a way to keep them up front and ready all the time.
Just a note, I found a way to keep the three books I want permanently on the "Books" row.

I plugged in the Sony, went into the files with the books and found the three I wanted. I used a small freeware program to change the "Modified Date" of those three files to 01/01/2015. Changed that date, then marked them 'read only'. (Don't know if I needed to do that, but I was there anyway...)

I've loaded about 56 fanfics since then, and the three Sherlock Holmes books stay on that line, and they open and close up fine. So as long as I don't delete them and reload, I'm thinking that's where they'll stay.

If I find something about doing that bites me in the butt later, I'll come back and let you all know. But it's nice to see my favorite three always on the front page.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #52
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I plugged in the Sony, went into the files with the books and found the three I wanted. I used a small freeware program to change the "Modified Date" of those three files to 01/01/2015.
Interesting, I will test this and if it works I will integrate it in my tool.

Cheers
Old 01-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #53
goaspy
Connoisseur

Version 0.3 for Mac and 0.3.1 for Windows are out.

Changes:
- added Card path;
- options can be saved now; (manually for Mac, automatically for Windows)
- books can be displayed from Card, Reader, Reader + Card;
- added 'Future Dates' option (credit goes to DuskyRose);

Obs:
If the 'Future Dates' option is used, the date for the selected book will be set 2 years into the future. This way the book/books will remain on Home Screen even if you add new books to the reader.
Reseting future books is easy, just set a new position for the target book and 'Change Order' with 'Future Dates' deselected.

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited by goaspy; 01-17-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: OrderBooks for Windows v0.3.1 is up
Old 01-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #54
ayryq
ayryq began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950
I just wanted to report that the windows version of this tool works great in Linux, using Mono. The books path field works with standard linux paths, even with forward slashes. (For mine I use "/media/READER/database/media/books")

I tried it first using Mono's IOMAP extension, but it seems even this is unnecessary; it just works. If the author decides to do error checking on this field in a future version, though, you may need to export MONO_IOMAP=all.

Everything works exactly as advertised.

Eric

Last edited by ayryq; 01-15-2011 at 09:58 AM.
ayryq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #55
goaspy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayryq View Post
I just wanted to report that the windows version of this tool works great in Linux, using Mono. The books path field works with standard linux paths, even with forward slashes. (For mine I use "/media/READER/database/media/books")

I tried it first using Mono's IOMAP extension, but it seems even this is unnecessary; it just works. If the author decides to do error checking on this field in a future version, though, you may need to export MONO_IOMAP=all.

Everything works exactly as advertised.

Eric
You're right, I only needed to install 'libmono-winforms2.0-cil' in Ubuntu 10.10, the mono runtime is already there, and it works.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #56
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Cool! Thanks!
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #57
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
This wonderful little tool is so useful that I suspect I'm not the only one who would like to see this thread pinned. How do we go about requesting that a moderator do this?
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #58
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Under the Covers View Post
This wonderful little tool is so useful that I suspect I'm not the only one who would like to see this thread pinned. How do we go about requesting that a moderator do this?
PM any mod and suggest it.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:24 AM   #59
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks, doreenjoy -- I have just done so. This tool is just too useful to let the thread scroll off into MR's dustbins. My minimal K to you!

Last edited by Under the Covers; 01-17-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #60
goaspy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under the Covers View Post
Thanks for your support!