Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #13531
BuyMore
ebook hoarder
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
For shoppers at Kobo CA and Kobo UK --

I have a few 65% and 75% codes that only work at Kobo CA and Kobo UK (they don't work at Kobo US) up for grabs. Regular posters please PM me.
All gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimars View Post
I tried them in CA, but they still didn't work. I guess I'm out of luck.
Ouch. That's too bad. The validity of the contest codes this time is pretty messed up. Kobo...!

Last edited by BuyMore; Yesterday at 10:08 AM.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #13532
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
All gone!

Ouch. That's too bad. The validity of the contest codes this time is pretty messed up. Kobo...!
There is also the possibility that they are going to lock codes to the account that won them. Someone did report they had to use a code with the account where it was won.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM   #13533
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 950, 350s, T2, K6 +
Not a deal-breaker most of the time, but I noticed with my most recent purchase with my only good coupon, that where before ebates gave an additional 5% off the top, now I only got 5% off my post-discount price. This makes sense, but it was a nice little add-on before.

On other fronts, it's irritating but also my own responsibility that one book that I purchased overseas now shows up as unavailable. I was never able to download it (to ADE, Kobo desktop or Kobo device), but I kept my fingers crossed that eventually that would change. In any case, I ought to have been able to read it on a tablet with the Kobo app, but it never displayed correctly - I hoped that at least that would be fixed.

I spent about $3.50 on the book, so it's not the end of the world and I think it's best not to draw attention to my shady practices* by asking for a refund. Still, if Kobo is going to yank a book that you've bought, a refund should be issued automatically, or at least a credit. Oh, well - I chalk it up to Kobo's being Kobo and I benefit much more that I lose.

*I bought it overseas because they didn't sell it in the US store.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #13534
Pierre Menard
Connoisseur
Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Nook HD+, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
There is also the possibility that they are going to lock codes to the account that won them. Someone did report they had to use a code with the account where it was won.
Since you don't sign in through your Kobo account to play the contest, I don't see how this is possible.
Pierre Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #13535
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Menard View Post
Since you don't sign in through your Kobo account to play the contest, I don't see how this is possible.
No, but potentially it's possible and someone said the only way they could use the code was to use the account email where they won it. I assume that means they used a Kobo account to play. I'm not suggesting it is a good idea, I'm just suggesting it may be part of their plan as they narrow down the code usage. The code promotions have been around a long while now and they may have decided to limit their use. Or: Insert Random Bug Here.
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #13536
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
I don't know if this still works or where I received it. Forgot about it, sorry.

55%
Q7RAQP
Fbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #13537
jimars
Connoisseur
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
In this case, strangely enough, the code did come from the email linked to my account, so I have no idea of what the problem was.
jimars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #13538
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimars View Post
In this case, strangely enough, the code did come from the email linked to my account, so I have no idea of what the problem was.
Welp, I guess we'd best go with: Insert Random Bug Here!
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #13539
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
I'm frankly astonished that they're not tying discount codes to the email address used to enter the competition. But I'm happy to use the codes so long as I can.

I suspect that it is the case that individual codes are timing out some time after they're issued. So I think it's advisable to use high-value codes shortly after getting them. If/when there's another competition.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:21 AM   #13540
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm frankly astonished that they're not tying discount codes to the email address used to enter the competition. But I'm happy to use the codes so long as I can.

I suspect that it is the case that individual codes are timing out some time after they're issued. So I think it's advisable to use high-value codes shortly after getting them. If/when there's another competition.
Yeah, I used to hoard them, but I'm thinking I'll be spending them if I get them. They've been trying to redo the whole contest stuff for a while. It's good that they want to stay updated, current and offer new things, but it doesn't appear that transitions will be smooth...
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #13541
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Here are the last of my codes from this contest. I check the 40% ones, and they were all working in all three countries (US, CAN and GB).

35%
Spoiler:
4SAB3U
VGMGHX
Q63CJ7
X7SVU3
FCJUDL
6BHTR9
6FWSTE
PH7Z7S
BN92V5
8QE4GB