Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #1351
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There is an uninstall*.bin in the ZIP you downloaded.

Did you try restarting the Kindle? This hack requires restarting when you change various options.

What screensaver did you get instead? The default? (In which case it isn't working.) Or a blank Screensavers Hack Has Been Installed one?
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #1352
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
What @escwartz said.

I'd add that uninstalling/reinstallign won't do anything, the uninstall/install process doesn't touch the settings or the user's data. If you backed yourself in a corner somehow, and a reboot doesn't help, there's a 'reset to default settings' button in the KUAL extension.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-29-2014 at 03:16 PM.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #1353
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
What @escwartz said.

i'd add that uninstalling/reinstallign won't do anything, the uninstall/install process doesn't touch the settings or the user's data. If you backed yourself in a corner somehow, and a reboot doesn't help, there's a 'reset to default settings' button in the KUAL extension.
Well, I figure it cannot hurt either. It is technically possible the install was corrupted. (I have never had that happen, but then again, I seem to have led a blessed life so far -- no device of mine has ever suffered such a problem. )
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #1354
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@eschwartz: True. I did *once* have an install simply disappear into the ether on me so, hey, who knows ;D.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch