Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Onecanuck
Onecanuck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600S
Post Problems encountered and Overcome - PRS-600

I am new to this group, and I thought I would share some issues I have overcome with my Sony PRS-600.

First, I have to say that I really enjoy my , and when these issues started I got pretty concerned. But here they are.

1. POWER PROBLEM READER FAILED: For some reason my Reader without noticed lost its battery power. It wold not start us and I got the message "No Battery" At the same time, and I don;t know if it was a coincidence, the Sony Reader Windows Software wold not start up and I got errors. And.. the bater issue came ad ay after I charged the Reader on the USB of my laptop fully.

Solution: I discovered that not all USB ports are created equal, even though the USB standards are supposed to be enforced. So, the USB port was not giving the battery the juice it needed. I purchased the Mains Adapter - AC/Wall Charger from Sony. The current rating is 5.2V @ 2000ma. Pretty hefty stuff. Charging with the wall adapter made the problem go away.

2. LEFT - RIGHT PAGE BUTTONS FLAKY: OK, so shortly after I solve the above issue, I noticed that when I turn pages using the left/right switches, the document turns many pages. It acted like the switch was held down and buffering out. If this happens, don't bother messing with your Advanced Settings. Nothing there helps. I know.

Solution: You have to just RESET the whole thing using the pin switch at the bottom of the unit. After I did that, the problem went away. I was lucky and none of my NOTES/BOOKMARKS were erased.

I Hope this information is helpful.

BrianH...
Onecanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Good for you... you can find a lot of threads on here where the problem was the USB charge. The barrel hole, AC charge is faster and reliable..... For future reference you can use the Sony PSP charger as well, it's cheaper.....

And welcome to the forum!
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
Onecanuck
Onecanuck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600S
Thanks... I was happy to find the forum. I really enjoy this technology!
Onecanuck is offline   Reply With Quote