Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
crazyheinz
crazyheinz began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
can i just set the files on an Pro Duo

Tomorrow i'm gonna buy a sony 505. On my way back on the bus, i wanna read some, and test it out It is a busride of half an houre, and i know i'll not be capable to wait for testing it out.
So i thought, lets convert some pdfs to word, and set it on a pro duo memory stick, so i can plug it in tomorrow. Will that work? Do i have to put it in a special folder of any kind?
crazyheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yes it should work, and you don't need any specific folders, Reader will scan the whole card (so better not to put many unrelated files on it).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
crazyheinz

kewl thank you for the answer
Old 08-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
One point though...the 505 is not able to read Word files. Make sure to convert to RTF (or LRF or Epub) or leave as a PDF file.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
make sure its fully charged, but not over charged
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #6
crazyheinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminarovich View Post
make sure its fully charged, but not over charged
How can you overcharge it?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #7
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I don't think you can. I know mine qiuts charging automatically when it's fully charged.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote