Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
dedo
Enthusiast
dedo doesn't litterdedo doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR800
manifest.xml file order

I've got a manifest.xml that launches a script that creates new folders with new manifest.xml files.
When the new folders are created, the script launcher slides down in the Content Lister. I'd like to have it always on top instead!
Can I solve the issue with some magic manifest.xml tricks? Other tricks?
dedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Bert
Enthusiast
Bert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with others

Device: iRex iLiad, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedo View Post
I've got a manifest.xml that launches a script that creates new folders with new manifest.xml files.
When the new folders are created, the script launcher slides down in the Content Lister. I'd like to have it always on top instead!
Can I solve the issue with some magic manifest.xml tricks? Other tricks?
The easiest way so sort a certain file on top is to put it in a folder starting with a special character (like an underscore) or a number (like 0), and use the correct title in the manifest.xml. All items are sorted by file/folder name in the content lister, ignoring the title inside the manifest.xml (but the files are displayed with that title).
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
The easiest way so sort a certain file on top is to put it in a folder starting with a special character (like an underscore) or a number (like 0), and use the correct title in the manifest.xml. All items are sorted by file/folder name in the content lister, ignoring the title inside the manifest.xml (but the files are displayed with that title).
You can sort in several different ways in the Content Lister. I think the default is ascending alphabetical by folder/file name.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote