Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
which micro sd card for the PB360?

Hi All,
is there any particular card that you know works well with the PB360? Any I should steer clear of (it is a present)?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I've had Zero issues with Transcend class 6.
There have been issues (double boot bug) with some San Disks.
The speed/size of the card appears to be the main issue rather than the brand.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
The latest firmware (15.3b) fixed my reboot issue with the SanDisk cards.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you folks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
The latest firmware (15.3b) fixed my reboot issue with the SanDisk cards.
@Serena: could you please tell me which sandisk cards you have for your 360?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
It's the SanDisk 2GB microSD card. I don't know speed, but I did have the reboot issue with the old firmware. I haven't had the issue since I upgraded.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
It's the SanDisk 2GB microSD card. I don't know speed, but I did have the reboot issue with the old firmware. I haven't had the issue since I upgraded.
thanks!

@fjtorres: just to be totally on the safe side, which size is your card?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I've tried both 8GB and 16GB in the PB 360 without issue.
I'm currently running the 8GB in the 360 and the 16GB in the IQ.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
paola
Wizard

great, many thanks!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I am using 1GB Kingston Micro SD.
It was purchased at least 2 years ago. Back then it was quite expensive. You can put more than 1000 books (text-only fiction) on it. It is quite a few years worth of reading.

I never had problem with this card.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #10
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I am using 1GB Kingston Micro SD.
It was purchased at least 2 years ago. Back then it was quite expensive. You can put more than 1000 books (text-only fiction) on it. It is quite a few years worth of reading.

I never had problem with this card.
many thanks Kacir!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I've got a Kingston class 4 4GB microSDHC card in mine. Never had a problem with it and probably won't ever fill it.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #12
staul62
staul62 began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
@fjtorres: Interesting... I transferred a 16 Gb micro SD from my 360 to my IQ and it wasn't recognised. I now have a 16 Gb full SD in the IQ and it does all I could ask of it. If I remember correctly, both are SanDisk cards. I can't check now, I'm typing this via a PortableApps installation on the micro SD.

The 16 Gb micro SD has never given any trouble on the 360.

Last edited by staul62; 04-06-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Additional info
staul62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #13
paola
Wizard

so to recap, the following micro SD cards have been proven to work:

Kingston 1GB, unknown speed
Kingston class 4 4GB
SanDisk 2GB, unknown speed (with latest FW)
Transcend class 6 8GB or 16 GB

thank you all!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #14
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
I have an Entourage eInk/Android tablet, so I'm out of my yard here, but has anyone done or seen testing on what SPEED of micro-SD their device can really EXPLOIT?

I understand burst latency might be a benefit even when sustained read/write speeds differ, but at some point, a faster card doesn't make a worthwhile difference.

Any info?

Thanks
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote