Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-21-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
Alexsymes
Alexsymes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
sideloading author folders onto Kindle fire

Hi Mobileread Forum

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to load books by Author folders onto the kindle via sideloading when all the book titles and .mobi files are in sub folders under the master author name folder. I've googled and am sure this must have been asked before but simply can't find an answer.

Regards Alex
Alexsymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please use the forums correctly. Kindle Fire questions self-evidently belong in the Kindle Fire forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsymes View Post
Hi Mobileread Forum

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to load books by Author folders onto the kindle via sideloading when all the book titles and .mobi files are in sub folders under the master author name folder. I've googled and am sure this must have been asked before but simply can't find an answer.

Regards Alex
The Kindle app, on the 1st gen Kindle Fires at least, will ignore any .mobi/.azw files you add to the device manually. I always had to use Calibre to add stuff, or E-mail it to my personal documents address.

I suspect they have continued this with the later models, but can't say for certain since I don't own those.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsymes View Post
Hi Mobileread Forum

Regards Alex
You can certainly do it, including creating the new folders, but the books won't appear in the books or docs tabs.

To open and read the books you will have to install ES File Explorer (free) or other file app and navigate to and click on the book.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:12 AM   #5
Alexsymes
Alexsymes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Hi Guys

Harry T, apologies, I'm new to the forums and spent time deliberating on which forum section to post my question and have obviously made a poor choice.

Manabi & Little.Egret thank you for your helpful suggestions, greatly appreciated, I will give both a try and see what works best

Cheers
Alex
Alexsymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert