Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingsandy View Post
Question for Blossom and AnemicOak. I am following the thread and if I may ask a question. If I load the Aldiko or Mantano app into my Apple computer how do I side load them into the Kindle Fire HD?
If you have the APK on you computer you can copy the file to your Fire via USB. Once the APK file is on the device use a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) to find it on the device and tap the APK file to start the install. You'll need to make sure sideloading is enabled to do the install (settings--->applications--->apps from unknown sources set to on).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
that's a bold claim - good to know if true, but how can you know that for sure ?

Also, is there any other way to know in advance if a specific Kindle Fire
e.g. HD, HDX 1st gen, 2nd gen, 7 inch, 9 inch... ( (I make that ~63 possible combinations! )
will run the particular app you are wanting to buy. There seems no obvious way to check directly with the developer & Amazon are not going to say...
Because Amazon does not block the ability to backup apps. It's simple as that. Google Just started on their newer devices. I own 3 Gingerbread devices and I can backup anything but some widgets. On my Nexus 7 I have no problems backing up anything from Amazon app store but can't backup up paid apps from the Google Play store. This tells me the blocking is in the actually firmware of the device not the Google Play app itself. Seeing Gingerbread will never be updated anymore it's safe to say as long as an app is Gingerbread compatible I can back it up. However once apps move away from Gingerbread like they did Froyo other than buying a cheap tablet to root there will be no way to back up paid apps unless Google removes the block.

Amazon could add the block to the Fire as Mojito is their firmware but they can't do it to a non Amazon device.

Obliviously apps with GPS or Camera features wont work on certain Fires, Keyboards or other UI feature apps probably wont work. Anything that syncs with Google using Google framework wont work without some hacking. it varies by apps and the best way is to ask here if the app works for another KF user.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingsandy View Post
Question for Blossom and AnemicOak. I am following the thread and if I may ask a question. If I load the Aldiko or Mantano app into my Apple computer how do I side load them into the Kindle Fire HD?
I use Dropbox but as Brian said USB is another way. I also use LAN feature on ES File Explorer to add files back and forth.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use Dropbox but as Brian said USB is another way. I also use LAN feature on ES File Explorer to add files back and forth.
I use Dropbox too, but was trying to keep it simple.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote