Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #46
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Kitkat is now available from n2aos for the Fire. There is a lot of griping that they are charging for it, but I did it anyway. It seems to operate a little faster.

It seems a lot faster, and the wifi is holding steady. I've always had a problem with wifi dropping on that tablet, even when it was running stock. Seems to be fixed with kitkat!

Anyone else going to do it?

I am so pleased, that I put it on my son's Kindle Fire HD, too.
Booklover, do you have a Kindle Fire HDX? I'm looking to put N2A on mine. I have it on my Nook HD+, but haven't taken the plunge with the new Fire yet.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #47
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Booklover, do you have a Kindle Fire HDX? I'm looking to put N2A on mine. I have it on my Nook HD+, but haven't taken the plunge with the new Fire yet.
No, mine are the 2012 Fire HD models.

I do not believe anyone has been able to root the 2013 Fire HD or HDX.

Have you upgraded your HD+ to Kitkat? One of our HD's is cyanogenmod 4.2.2 (IIRC) but I bought it already done. I was looking into upgrading it, but it looks like too much work. My 8yo isn't complaining so I'll not bother
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #48
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
No, mine are the 2012 Fire HD models.

I do not believe anyone has been able to root the 2013 Fire HD or HDX.

Have you upgraded your HD+ to Kitkat? One of our HD's is cyanogenmod 4.2.2 (IIRC) but I bought it already done. I was looking into upgrading it, but it looks like too much work. My 8yo isn't complaining so I'll not bother
I wrote to the developer and he sent me instructions on how to do it. I haven't got around to doing it yet. When/if I do, I'll let you know how it was.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #49
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Great. I was looking at the posts on xda. Just a bit complicated, probably not too bad. My son is loving kitkat on his Fire HD. I do have a Nook HD I could play around with. Not sure if it would be worth putting kitkat on, or not. It's rooted but running stock, with the Amazon app store, which tends to hang at times. I really like kitkat, though, so maybe I will.

My son is loving his tablet, now! He says it's a lot easier to use than the stock Kindle ever was.

ETA I did put a dual boot n2a card into my Nook HD. Maybe a little slower, and maybe a little faster battery drain, but I like itwith kitkat much better, nevertheless.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-18-2014 at 07:35 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote