Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-11-2014, 04:14 AM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Removed app but....

I download the OfficeSuite app http://amazon.com/Mobile-Systems-Inc.../dp/B0051UP5NQ when it was a FAOTD. it downloaded and I never used it. It seemed to turn itself on when ever I turned on my Kindle Fire. I removed the app from my Fire but when I go to 'Manage all apps' the app is still there running.
I have contacted the developer but after one email they are ignoring me. According to them the item is fully removed from my device.
[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

I am at a loss on how to fully remove this app. I have hit Forces Stop but that does not really help. It seems to be able to override this. I was wondering if I need to do a factory reset.

I would not be surprised if the app is still collecting data thru the Flurry analytic or what ever it used.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-11-2014 at 02:17 PM.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I would use the clean master app to remove it it. It has worked for me to remove other apps that did what yours is doing. I highly recommend it.

Clean Master

Once you've installed it, open it and go to Manage Apps. It should show up in the list there. Or the other function, clean junk files, might find it.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-11-2014 at 07:28 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks booklover6 but I get a message that it cannot disable or remove the app.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That must be the free app that came with the device then, not the pro version that you deleted already. I'll have to look at mine.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Yes it's one mine, version 7.3.1513. It came with the device, I've never even used it.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

so I don't have anything to worry about?
Old 05-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Nothing to worry about, no.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yeah, you're ok. If you're that bothered, you could always root, delete it, and then unroot.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #9
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Thanks Jessica, but I would not know how to root anything unless it involves planting a crop.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

If it's the 2013 Kindle Fire HD, I don't think that has been rooted, yet.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #11
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

I got it as a Christmas present Christmas 2013. I believe it is the latest model.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I got it as a Christmas present Christmas 2013. I believe it is the latest model.
An easy way to tell is to look at the back. The latest model has a beveled back, with the buttons on the slanted parts. The USB part is slanted too (which is mildly annoying).
Old 05-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #13
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

yes that is the one I have. I still have a hard time putting in the cord to charge it

Thanks. for your help
Old 05-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #14
misling
Zealot
misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If you believe that the app is sending info to some website, you can block it.
You would have to install an app called "NoRoot Firewall". It's the one whose icon is a fire on a brick wall.
You can set your kindle to allow apps from other stores, and get it from 1mobile or getjar. OR if you have a non-amazon tablet, you can download it to that tablet from the google store, back up the apk, and sideload the apk to the kindle fire, and install it with ES File Explorer (what I did).
This app, which is not available in the amazon app store, allows you to block network connections from any app you choose. Even system apps.
misling is offline   Reply With Quote