Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Apps for Kindle Fire HDX 2013 combined with Galaxy S5 Phone

I own a Kindle Fire HDX 2013 and by next week will own a Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone.

If I download the Amazon App Store from the Google Play site and then install Apps from the Amazon App Store, when they do upgrades will they know to go to the Amazon App Store or will they default to the Google Play Store.

Does it even matter?

If there are complications, should I just rebuy those Apps from the Google Play Store?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I own a Kindle Fire HDX 2013 and by next week will own a Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone.

If I download the Amazon App Store from the Google Play site and then install Apps from the Amazon App Store, when they do upgrades will they know to go to the Amazon App Store or will they default to the Google Play Store.

Does it even matter?

If there are complications, should I just rebuy those Apps from the Google Play Store?
Just install the Amazon app store on your phone, log into your account and download your apps and yes Google Play and Amazon app store will know the which app was installed from where and wont conflict.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I only download free apps (free versions, free apps of the day, apps purchased with credits, etc). I never use my money to buy apps.

I have the Amazon Appstore on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 primarily because of the free app of the day promo. The only time I use apps from that store is when I get paid apps for free. Outside of that, I make a point to always download apps from Google Play. It's my understanding that apps from Google Play receive updates faster than apps from Amazon's appstore.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
misling
Zealot
misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It is definitely true that the majority of app producers update google before Amazon. I have seen Amazon as much as 3 releases behind. I've also seen them as little as a couple of weeks behind.
It's just a matter of how they prioritize their releases, and each app producer makes their own decisions on that.
And the free apps are nice.
I use both app stores on my Nexus and Samsung. The app store updaters know which app came from where and will tell you so if you try to update one with the other.
misling is offline   Reply With Quote