Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
A reasonable ebook publisher

http://www.3mpub.com/

I purchased from this site many years ago, when their ebook formats were primarily PDF & LIT, and they only had maybe 3 authors. Today, I found them while looking for books from a specific author & found that they've greatly expanded. Like Baen, all the books appear to be DRM-free, but they have a wider selection (i.e. not limited to sci-fi). Still only have a few formats, but they've added .PRC now so it should be suitable for Kindle. And all of their ebooks, that I've checked, are priced at $5.00 (US).

Based on some of the other pages on this site I think it's sort of a 'self-publishing' site. It was started by Michael McCollum who's a sci-fi author but as I said, it's not strictly sci-fi any more.

Anyway, I thought some of you might like the site-it's not flashy, but seems to be reasonable about their ebook policy.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Pricing seems high. I clicked on Stephen King and his Dreamcatcher e-book is $16.95. If you click on the cover (as instructed) to purchase the book, you are taken to Amazon (in Dreamcatcher's case you get an Amazon error message).

I then clicked on Mary Higgins Clark and up popped a page for her Before I say Goodbye. Click on the cover and it takes you to Amazon and the hardcover edition.

Looks like it is simply a referral site for Amazon.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Pricing seems high. I clicked on Stephen King and his Dreamcatcher e-book is $16.95. If you click on the cover (as instructed) to purchase the book, you are taken to Amazon (in Dreamcatcher's case you get an Amazon error message).

I then clicked on Mary Higgins Clark and up popped a page for her Before I say Goodbye. Click on the cover and it takes you to Amazon and the hardcover edition.

Looks like it is simply a referral site for Amazon.
Well, not quite-but I see what you mean since I went back & clicked on those authors (who I don't actually read). Try Scott Grier & you'll find his ebooks for $5. (Now that this turned up I checked out a few more & not all the ebooks are $5-Les Rogers, for example, has one for $7.)

Guess I was misled by checking only the authors I was interested in, which all happened to have ebooks for $5. (I never checked on the pbook links as I'm only interested in this as an ebook site. It's possible that all the pbook links go to Amazon. The ebook links don't though-at least not those that I checked.)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
It's possible that all the pbook links go to Amazon. The ebook links don't though-at least not those that I checked.
Many of the ebook links go directly to Amazon too, but the links don't always work. Appears to be an Amazon referral site with a few self-published authors.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Many of the ebook links go directly to Amazon too, but the links don't always work. Appears to be an Amazon referral site with a few self-published authors.
I took a look and I think it's not so much self-published authors as ones that fell off the midlist. I've bought books by Michael McCollum and Scott Gier in bookstores. I can't remember who published Scott Gier, but Michael McCollum had at least half a dozen books out by Del Rey.

So I think it's more for the benefit of previously-published authors than self-published authors.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert