Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
Lapiz
Lapiz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony, ADE (epub reqd.)
Sideway Table in ePub (Rotate table/text)

Is it possible to set the table view in sideways (counterclockwise) using html with CSS for ePub format?

Please
Lapiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
I have been wondering the same and afaik it's not possible. You should turn your table into picture in order to make it display in sideways.

I have wide tables and if I increase the font size, part of the table is out of the screen which is annoying for the reader.
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chang View Post
I have been wondering the same and afaik it's not possible. You should turn your table into picture in order to make it display in sideways.

I have wide tables and if I increase the font size, part of the table is out of the screen which is annoying for the reader.
The reader can always manually change the orientation in order to read the table. Some eBook readers do this automatically just by rotating the device. On those readers changing to a picture would make them not work well. That is, if the image required turning the device to read it and when you turned the device the image turned as well you would be in trouble. I think letting the user manually or automatically do it is the best solution. Doing it for them is not a good solution.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The reader can always manually change the orientation in order to read the table.
Not always. The Cybook Gen3 has no way to rotate ePUBs (the Opus, however, can rotate the display when the device is rotated). This is one of the dilemmas I have when creating ePUBs: should I rotate landscape illustrations or not? Rotating them makes it closer to printed books, and Gen3 users can just rotate the device to enjoy the illustration, but Opus users would have to disable automatic rotation.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote