Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Aldiko: new EPUB reading system for Android, with Feedbooks integration

Aldiko was released yesterday on the Android Market:

Quote:
What is Aldiko?

Aldiko is an ebook reading application that runs on any Android phone and which enables you to easily download and read thousands of books right on your smartphone.
Official announcement:

Quote:
We are excited to announce today the release of Aldiko, our ebook reading application for Android smartphones. Aldiko enables you to very conveniently download from a vast collection of books and read them right on your phone.

Aldiko supports the EPUB industry standard format for reflowable electronic books and lets you fully customize your reading experience (display brightness, font and background color, font size and type, margin, etc.).

We have partnered with Feedbooks to provide seamless access to their huge selection of free public domain books. Aldiko also implements the emerging OPDS standard for content distribution, which will enable us to add even more content in the future.

List of Features
Demo on Youtube
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nice ! we were just speculating about epub readers on android, and now this !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
The comic reader looks pretty good too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9HGG...eature=related

Makes me look forward to owning an Android phone.
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
sidereal
sidereal began at the beginning.

Device: txtr reader / boox
Hmm. I'd love to try it out, but it doesn't show up in the Market on my T-mobile G1. T-mobile maybe filtering it out? Or does it take time to propagate through the system? Kind of frustrating.
sidereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
sidereal
sidereal began at the beginning.

Device: txtr reader / boox
Ah, Aldiko got back to me and it turns out you need to have the Cupcake update to see it in the Market, and I'm apparently last on T-Mobile's list.
sidereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
tali3sin
Connoisseur
tali3sin began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Magic
I haven't been able to give the app a try yet - I've got a Magic with Cupcake on it - because the app won't show up in the market for me either.

But reading around a bit, apparently you can't load your own EPUB files into it. Which kinda of negates the point of the reader for me :-\

Anyway, I'll know for sure when I can see it, and download it ;-)
tali3sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #7
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
An in-depth review is now available at The Gadgeter: http://the-gadgeteer.com/2009/06/04/...ndroid-review/
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
QBColleen
QBColleen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Well while on my G1 I went to Adlika went thru the process and they took my money, but then the page hopped to the "terms of use....," and I never saw or hit the "download" button. Anyway. How do you get the cupcake update? I took an update yesterday, but Adlika isn't among my Market app thingie.
QBC
QBColleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #9
QBColleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidereal View Post
Ah, Aldiko got back to me and it turns out you need to have the Cupcake update to see it in the Market, and I'm apparently last on T-Mobile's list.
I took an update yesterday that T-Mobile told me was coming this week. Don't know what it's "name" was, but I've scrolled and scrolled the Market this evening, and don't see Adlika there. I do see Adlika books to download.

QBColleen
Old 06-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #10
minhtruong
minhtruong began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Hey, I just want to let you guys know that we pushed an update for Aldiko this morning that will enable you to import EPUB files into your Aldiko bookshelf. You can also download EPUB books directly from the Browser. For more details, please visit our blog at http://www.aldiko.com/blog/
minhtruong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 AM   #11
QBColleen

Update. I mentioned I'd downloaded "Adlika"...got it, their people are great to deal with and very responsive.

I like this little thing!! And I've downloaded 10 or so books so far. It would be nice if we could add some of our favorites to it.

Colleen
Old 09-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #12
QBColleen

epub downloads on Adlika

I took a recent update and can now take epubs from a folder on the pc and upload them to my G1 phone.

They don't load as quickly as those taken directly from the Adlika selection but I can get current novels "my choices". Could use some further tweaking as some books that are in the folder, "are not seen" or downloaded.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
emilianm
emilianm began at the beginning.

Device: none
First off all I am really pleased with Aldiko reader..is one of the best I've seen.

But I still have a small observation , do you have an idea ?

Quote:
I am using aldiko to read eBooks(epub) on my Motorola Milestone and I have a question .Why do I have a white margin of 3-4 mm on the left and 3-4 mm on the right of the text even if I set the Layout->Left Margin to 0 ? As far as I have seen on the internet on other mobile devices the text can fill much better the useful white area of the screen.
Thank you in advance.
emilianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #14
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Talking I've been using it for a while & I love it!

I've been using Aldiko for a while & I love it: it's sleek, easy to use; I love FeedBooks! Thanks.
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote