Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
bcarlson
Enthusiast
bcarlson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Duplicate books in library

I seem to have duplicate books in my library from uploading various other libraries. The titles are not always the exact same nor are the authors set up the exact same. This makes finding these duplicates difficult. I have learned how to avoid this when bringing in new books, but how do I sort through my existing. I have over 2500 so I can't remember them all as I look at them. I am running .7.4
bcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I see no one has answered you. I would sort first by title, and you should quickly be able to skim and see where you have duplicates. Then do the same by author. If the title or author is too far off, you could try sorting by tags, but that will take longer. Unfortunately, Calibre doesn't know it is a duplicate if the metadata isn't the same.

Good luck.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarlson View Post
I seem to have duplicate books in my library from uploading various other libraries. The titles are not always the exact same nor are the authors set up the exact same. This makes finding these duplicates difficult. I have learned how to avoid this when bringing in new books, but how do I sort through my existing. I have over 2500 so I can't remember them all as I look at them. I am running .7.4
I had the same problem when I combined two libraries.. the same idea as sort by title, I did it in Excel after saving a cataloger, sorting by title and to start just put in a formula to compare the name above, for me it took care of all dupl (I use trim in the formula to take care of leading and following spaces)

Last edited by Maggie-Me; 01-18-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote