Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Slipping out of its Cover....

Hi Cybook Owners...
I've read the various threads concerned with various methods, many of them ingenious, about ways and means long, tall, short, medium, straight and curved, about covers for the Cybook Gen3. In fact I was very much in favour of buying a nice cover for my friend before the arrival of the machine.

I found, however, that it arrived with a good leather cover with suited my purposes admirably: and a bonus was that I also happened to have a canvas cash bag to hand, bought when I was in Southern India, for 107 Rupess (about one pound fifty pence!) into which the whole thing goes as a perfect snug.

So far so good.

When fitting the Cybook into its new shoe, I found it was a tight squeeze; however with a little use it has snugged in well and seems to be very happy there. However, it seems that now, from time to time, the book is slipping out of its shoe, even when the cover is closed.

Not such good news, as I don't want it falling out. Looking there, I see we have a tight squeeze: even a wee bit of velcro attached to the side of the book would increase the thickness I feel. A small metal clip placed over the upper left portion might do the trick. Mmm not sure.

If anyone has had this "issue" (as they keep saying these days) and have found a nifty fix, please, I'd love to know.

Kind regards

John
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
On the bottom left of your Cybook, there is a little hole to fix a wristband or similar, it can be used attatch the Cybook to the cover with a cord.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
andavane
Zealot

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
On the bottom left of your Cybook, there is a little hole to fix a wristband or similar, it can be used attatch the Cybook to the cover with a cord.
Thanks very much for this useful information. I used a plastic coated paperclip, which also should serve to reset my machine, which crashes approximately twice a week.
Regards
John
Old 03-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Or just a very small bit of double sided velcro tape. Won't take much or you'll never release it
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:12 AM   #5
andavane
Zealot

I had considered doing that.
As a by-thought, you'd have thought they'd've put the reset hole in a more accessible place.

Regards
John

Last edited by andavane; 03-10-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
I use a tiny blob of blu-tack
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by andavane View Post
As a by-thought, you'd have thought they'd've put the reset hole i a more accessible place.
Then again....... two resets a week ?????? I've done two resets in half a year..
You're sure your memory is intact ?? Maybe you should do a CHKDSK ??
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I've never had to reset my (current) one ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
andavane
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Then again....... two resets a week ?????? I've done two resets in half a year..
You're sure your memory is intact ?? Maybe you should do a CHKDSK ??
mmm.... I'm afraid I'd have no idea whether it were intact or not... or for that matter how to do a CHKDSK ! Could you, errr, me?

I've been reading Dickens's Bleak House, which is hardly a minor tome, and wonder whether that could have implicated it somewhat...?

regards

John

PS: btw: I notice, with interest, the various ways in which some members give a picture of themselves by including at the bottom of their posts some info about what they're reading. Is this something you can set up in your profile? If so, I can't find it. Perhaps a separate file is made up and pasted in at each post?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Go to "User CP" in the blue box, then "edit signature." Type whatever you want to carry along in the signature box.

Quiz Time: Who can you find the link to your visitor profile message center?

Answer: It's the tiny gray "your profile" link under the top blue link in your CP page, virtually invisible. Don't ask me why.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #11
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
mmm.... I'm afraid I'd have no idea whether it were intact or not... or for that matter how to do a CHKDSK ! Could you, errr, me?
If your computer is running windows (vista) then it's simple.
Just mount your Cybook through the USB-cable. Your Cybook should become visible as a new device (for me it's called Cybook Gen3 (L: ), but it could be another drive-letter for you).
Just right-click on the drive. Select Properties then select 'extra' (or Tools in XP) and choose the option ' Check Now'.

Quote:
PS: btw: I notice, with interest, the various ways in which some members give a picture of themselves by including at the bottom of their posts some info about what they're reading. Is this something you can set up in your profile? If so, I can't find it. Perhaps a separate file is made up and pasted in at each post?
DixieGal beat me on that one

Last edited by ErwinOtten; 03-11-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typo.... oh and DixieGal LOL :)
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post

DixieGal beat me on that one
Sorry, but I seldom get an opportunity to help out on the Cybook threads, so I just jumped in there.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #13
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Sorry, but I seldom get an opportunity to help out on the Cybook threads, so I just jumped in there.

well jump back out sonygirl....
Old 03-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
well jump back out sonygirl....
Hey TwigBoy! Quitcher name calling or I'll hijack this thread for nefarious and hilarious hijinks!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
GeoffC

you can't do that, it's not the llounge .....

Tags
bookeen, cover, cybook, fit