Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand View Post
How about a Mr Clean Eraser, the original one? I have used it on some delicate surfaces before, on my computer monitor at work for an small unknown stain.
Magic erasers leave little micro abrasions on surfaces, possibly making it unreadable... I know because I used one on a glossy bathroom countertop and I see the rub marks every day now.

They're awesome, but I'm much more careful about where I use them now.
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
stanleystarrh
Banned
stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How did your ink situation on your screen turn out? I'd actually recommend getting a screen protector for future protection. The one i'm using ArmorSuit from Amazon is excellent and it heals itself from scratches.

I'd recommend checking this out, has anyone else?
stanleystarrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
ndixon
Mostly Harmless
ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdwygurl View Post
Hairspray works to remove pen ink from fabric. I have no idea if it would work on the kindle screen. .
I once saw permanent marker ink removed from a whiteboard with Lynx spray-on deodorant (which some of you may know as Axe).
ndixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #19
spacebrew
Enthusiast
spacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-350, Droid X2
Nail polish remover.

I used it to get a dark pen mark off my laptop screen, and it left no trace.
spacebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #20
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Call amazon and ask
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #21
h0b0byter99
h0b0byter99 will become famous soon enoughh0b0byter99 will become famous soon enoughh0b0byter99 will become famous soon enoughh0b0byter99 will become famous soon enoughh0b0byter99 will become famous soon enoughh0b0byter99 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2nd Gen
I got rid of pen ink of my Kindle

I have a regular kindle 2nd gen I think. Well, anyway, my daughter got a hold of a pen and my kindle and there were a bunch of pen marks all over. Thanks to this thread I got the idea of using acetone (Fingernail polish remover).

I got a q-tip and put acetone on one end and left the other end dry. I would dab a bit of acetone on the pen mark blotting it. Then with the dry end wipe it a way in a circular motion.

This worked in the far most corner of the kindle so I proceeded to the rest of the kindle. After I was done I wiped it several times with a water damp non abrasive cloth. I did this because I didn't want any acetone left over on the device because acetone is a pretty strong solvent.

I hope this helps anybody else in this situation.
h0b0byter99 is offline   Reply With Quote