Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
hargikas
hargikas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Greek titles on Kindle 3

Hello All,

I have a Kindle 3 (Wifi & Free 3G) with Version: 3.2.1 and I am using Calibre Version 0.8.14 on Windows 7.
Everything works fine except the following Issue. When I am adding Greek books on my library and edit the metadata using Greek (Greek Title & Greek Author) and so on, a peculiar thing happens:

When it is a pdf document transferred to my kindle, the title (& the Author) is transformed in Latin Letters. (For example the title "Κανόνες και Διαδικασίες" will appear on my kindle as "Kanones kai Diadikasies".

When a mobi document is transferred to my kindle, the title (& the Author) is transformed in question marks (?). For example the title "Άμλετ" will appear on my kindle as "?????"

I see that the filenames used in the library and kindle are all in Latin letters (that explains the pdf transformation). I think that the second example is an encoding issue (utf-8 to something else) inside the metadata file.

I think this is not only a problem with Greek, but with other encodings also. If I transfer a file with a Greek filename everything is presented correctly (I can see Greek in my Kindle). Also the content is correct.

Cheers,
Harry
hargikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is a Calibre question. Moved to the Calibre forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, greek, kindle, title