Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
ronaldl
Enthusiast
ronaldl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Synch calibre db between my desktop and laptop

I use my main desktop to run Calibre. I also have a Calibre on my Laptop. The desktop is 64 bit and the Laptop is 32 bit. Both machines has the same version of Calibre.

What is a easy way to synch my Laptop Calibre DB with my Desktop Calibre db.

The way that I do it requires some time to accomplish this task since it is a manual operation.

Ronald
ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
If your updates are one way only you could simply copy the whole of the Calibre library folder from one machine to the other.

I appreciate this isn't really a merge and won't work well if you make updates to your library on both machines, but I've found it handy in the past.
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Duke9700
Duke9700 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Galaxy Note Pro 12.2/Galaxy S20
Another option might be the Portable version of Calibre. This is the way I've been using so I can share my library on all my computers. I don't actually use it on a jumpdrive but it can be installed to a shared/network drive.

I actually have it in a shared Skydrive (M$ version of Dropbox) folder so any changes on any computer are synced to all my others. For a huge library that part might not be ideal but I thought I'd share it as another option.

The nice thing about the portable installation is that the actual application, config files, library etc are all self contained in one place making it far easier to share.
Duke9700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
ronaldl
Enthusiast
ronaldl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been making updates to both my laptop and my Desktop. I did make the copy from my desktop to my laptop and now they are in synch. I will have to use control to insure that I only make changes on my desktop.
ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #5
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This is how I do it, using Dropbox.

You can select where Calibre puts its Library, so just pick the Calibre Library folder within the Dropbox folder. I keep mine synced between 2 comps and 3 OS this way.
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
ethanbeyer
ethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to beholdethanbeyer is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
This is how I do it, using Dropbox.

You can select where Calibre puts its Library, so just pick the Calibre Library folder within the Dropbox folder. I keep mine synced between 2 comps and 3 OS this way.
I was just about to suggest the same thing. Kudos.
ethanbeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Just ensure that you only run one copy of Calibre at a time.
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
database, synch