Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #31
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I'll nominate Lyrical Ballads, With a Few Other Poems (1798) by Coleridge and Wordsworth.

This was the great trailblazing poetry anthology that ushered in the Romantic Literary movement in England and initiated what some regard as the greatest explosion of great poetry in the language. It includes Coleridge's justly famous "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and Wordsworth's profound "Lines Written a few miles above Tintern Abbey"--both remarkable masterpieces.

It is available free from Project Gutenberg.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #32
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I vote for Faust (of course!) and Lyrical Ballads, With a Few Other Poems.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #33
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'll fourth Faust and third Lyrical Ballads.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #34
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm out of nominations, so can't help out with the romantics.

Just want to add that I'm sure both Paola and Billi are thoroughly familiar with the nominated works in their respective languages and it would be lovely to pick their brains about them sometime, if not this month. Since both supported the nominations, I assume they're willing.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #35
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I think I was asleep when the time expired, but just in case, I'll fourth the Lyrical Ballads.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #36
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
If I'm still in the timeframe for voting (I'm not sure about this) then I'd like to third Silvia Plath.

And concerning Faust: You shold keep in mind that if you vote for Faust, you are voting for both parts of Faust, not just the first part.. Anyway, we've enough time..
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #37
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I think I was asleep when the time expired, but just in case, I'll fourth the Lyrical Ballads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
If I'm still in the timeframe for voting (I'm not sure about this) then I'd like to third Silvia Plath.

And concerning Faust: You shold keep in mind that if you vote for Faust, you are voting for both parts of Faust, not just the first part.. Anyway, we've enough time..
You're both good! Nominations remain open until I announce them closed and we still have an hour or so to go still on these.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #38
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

And now nominations are closed. First month with the open rule for the number of nominations and we end up with more than five nominations for the first time!

The poll will be up shortly; it looks to be interesting.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #39
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm out of nominations, so can't help out with the romantics.

Just want to add that I'm sure both Paola and Billi are thoroughly familiar with the nominated works in their respective languages and it would be lovely to pick their brains about them sometime, if not this month. Since both supported the nominations, I assume they're willing.
absolutely, and with great pleasure! pity I don't think I have any of my annotated Dante anymore, but it'll be fun to polish the rust away from my memories, and get something more out of it
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #40
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm afraid I have to delete my fourth vote because I inadvertantly made it after the poll closed.

My apologies.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 01-05-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #41
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I'm afraid I have to delete my fourth vote because I inadvertantly made it after the poll closed.

My apologies.

LOL, what were you proposing?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #42
fantasyfan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
LOL, what were you proposing?
I attempted to give my last vote to Sylvia Plath rather than let her languish one vote short.