Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-22-2014, 11:36 AM   #16
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Barcey,

I just had to let you know that after watching the link you provided, regaining control following a protracted laughing fit and wiping the tears from my eyes, I shared it with several friends. We've all had a good laugh so thanks.
And you just don't see glasses like that anymore unless you happen to be at a billiards tournament.

Last edited by ccowie; 01-22-2014 at 11:42 AM.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #17
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Just finished book 3. Loved book 1. Totally awesome. Book 2 was okay, maybe TMI on God's Gardeners. Book 3 was a huge disappointment to me.

It was not a bad book but the story arc was set up living large (or rather dying large) and this book narrowed the story WAY down and only gave me glimpses into the larger theme. By itself it was entertaining. Who wouldn't want to follow Zeb's misadventures? But it sort of ignored the big picture until the last few pages.

Two of the most fascinating characters, Toby and Jimmy, were reduced to characters with bad taste. Toby was so immature with her lovesickness for Zeb and Jimmy was barely conscious, even for his heroic act near the end.

I suppose my expectations were set very high after the first book and I felt slightly cheated. It wasn't a waste of my time but it felt like her author's secret background file information took over the story.

Don't you now expect a craker and pigoon adventure story? I sure do. 'Blackbeard and Ms Piggy look for trouble in the wasteland.'
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert