Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Open a PDF in Docs2Go

Maybe I'm blind or stupid, but I cannot see a way to open a PDF in Docs2Go if it is on my SD card and not on the internal memory. Is that right?? Can D2G not "see" the SD Card?

Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
sladwig
Edge User

You're not blind or stupid. You can see the Knowledge Base article on this at:

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...kbarticleid=91

The bottom line is that you will need to add the PDF to the internal storage then navigate to it.

Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sladwig View Post
You're not blind or stupid. You can see the Knowledge Base article on this at:

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...kbarticleid=91

The bottom line is that you will need to add the PDF to the internal storage then navigate to it.
Not what I was hoping to hear.
So, as I fill up the rather limited internal memory, I'm going to have to be constantly shuffling files back and forth. Will there be an update at some future time which will allow access to the SD card or USB drive directly from the applications?

Old 04-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
devseev
Edge User

Ok, I find all this discussion very odd: I have no problem opening PDFs in PDF2Go from SD card, USB, or even Dropbox. I use either Astro File Manager, ES file Explorer or Droidbox to navigate to the file, and when I click on the file it asks me whether to open with Library or PDF2Go. If I chose PDF2Go the file opens just fine.

I do have some issue navigating the directory structure from inside PDF2Go (crashes when i go up to root folder), but I seem to be stuck in the /extsdcard folder, which is the SD card, not the internal storage. So it's the opposite problem of what others seem to be having. Not sure how my PDF2Go ended up there.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devseev View Post
. . . but I seem to be stuck in the /extsdcard folder, which is the SD card, not the internal storage. So it's the opposite problem of what others seem to be having. Not sure how my PDF2Go ended up there.
Bizarre. Wish I had that problem. Until I can get the DocsToGo to look in /extsdcard the program ia mostly useless for me.

Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devseev View Post
Ok, I find all this discussion very odd: I have no problem opening PDFs in PDF2Go from SD card, USB, or even Dropbox. I use either Astro File Manager, ES file Explorer or Droidbox to navigate to the file, and when I click on the file it asks me whether to open with Library or PDF2Go. If I chose PDF2Go the file opens just fine.
And this is why I posted in the first place.....I figured someone would explain what *should* have been obvious to me! Thanks!