Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 05:16 AM   #46
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
viktorz from the-ebook.org forums spotted the new iLiad Digital Reader 1000 in the iRex webshop.
https://www.irexshop.com/product_inf...products_id=68
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:24 AM   #47
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
viktorz from the-ebook.org forums spotted the new iLiad Digital Reader 1000 in the iRex webshop.
https://www.irexshop.com/product_inf...products_id=68
Ha! Funny.

It is listed as 499.00 EUR with my dutch settings.

Some highlights:
Quote:
Print any document directly to you the iRex Digital Reader. Microsoft Office documents, e-mails and Adobe PDF documents, can be directly printed into a readable format on your iRex Digital Reader, allowing you the convenience to always have all your paperwork at hand.
Maybe some kind of dedicated print driver with iLiad as target instead of, say, pdf?

Quote:
The chargeable built in Lithium Ion battery has sufficient power to last for days.
Seeing is believing, as the tagline goes. I'm rather skeptical.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dr1000_front_l.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	16424  

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-22-2008 at 05:26 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 05:27 AM   #48
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Yepp, 499 Euros for me as well, but no links to tech-specs or such.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:33 AM   #49
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Listed as £399 on the UK site. That seems suspiciously low to me!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:42 AM   #50
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Listed as £399 on the UK site. That seems suspiciously low to me!

google tells me £399 amounts to around 504 EUR.
http://www.google.com/search?q=399+GBP+in+EUR

Whoops - looks like iRex pulled the link.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 05:42 AM   #51
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
I'm curious as to why you want a device with a touch screen; the very last thing I want to do is to read from a screen with fingerprints all over it. I far prefer hardware buttons to a touch screen for reading.
I wants a touch screen. Just look at the iPhone and its photo viewer. Imagine how it would feel like if you could scroll through a document by skimming with your fingers over the display...

I never had much problems with fingerprints on a decent screen material, and decent clean hands I don't know, when I was a kid (25 years ago) touch screens seemed to be the next big thing, when functions keys were slowly becoming and old idea, and not the hottest thing. Somehow it developed differently, I guess since people don't feel comfortable by touching around a screen on eyes height. The mouse took surprisingly over as next big human interface technique. Now the handheld devices are gaining popularity (and eReaders are handhelds) maybe touchscreen is getting is breakthrough 2 decades after their first hope. At least I don't feel a mouse to be a comfortable pointing device for eReaders..
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:52 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
I wants a touch screen. Just look at the iPhone and its photo viewer. Imagine how it would feel like if you could scroll through a document by skimming with your fingers over the display...
It's precisely through using my iPod Touch that I know that I personally don't want a touch screen for reading on .
Old 09-22-2008, 06:18 AM   #53
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
It's precisely through using my iPod Touch that I know that I personally don't want a touch screen for reading on .
Well maybe they should deliver a special glove with it, as "pointing device" instead of the pen/mouse/other pointing device people use.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:22 AM   #54
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
I'm curious as to why you want a device with a touch screen; the very last thing I want to do is to read from a screen with fingerprints all over it. I far prefer hardware buttons to a touch screen for reading.
I would like if for selecting words to look up and for marking passages in the text that I want to remember. I assume it would be perfect for you for marking thinks to correct in an ebook.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #55
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
If they really sell it for 499 EUR, I expect a big price drop for the v2 and the book edition. Or maybe they'll drop these lines completely? Hopefully not.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:42 AM   #56
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I would like if for selecting words to look up and for marking passages in the text that I want to remember. I assume it would be perfect for you for marking thinks to correct in an ebook.
That would be useful, yes, but I wouldn't like to have to use a touch screen to actually turn pages.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #57
axel77
Fanatic

Quote:
That would be useful, yes, but I wouldn't like to have to use a touch screen to actually turn pages.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8135

Thats my favorite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I think maybe a camera to recognize where my eyes are looking. When I get to the last line it can turn the page for me. I'm really lazy.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:49 AM   #58
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
I agree that *having* to use the touchscreen to turn pages would be a no-go. But being *able* to do so is still nice.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #59
ancechu
ancechu began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
First pics

The spanish vendor has put some info and one photo on its web page http://www.leer-e.es/
ancechu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #60
sanders
Connoisseur
sanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
It sure would be nice to see pressure-sensitivity supported, if they're going to stick with Wacom. This would make a great artist's sketch tablet if they did that. They also need a draw app.
The current iLiad has pressure sensitivity. I started a test project around this and got it to work. The main bottleneck to get a draw app is partial screen refreshes.

Does anyone think there'd be a market for 3rd party applications for their iLiad?
sanders is offline   Reply With Quote