Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
Charliebird,
The Firefly's cover is included in the box:

What you get in the box:
-16GB MicroSD Memory Card

More than 10 times the storage of the kindle paperwhite.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
Charliebird,
The Firefly's cover is included in the box:

What you get in the box:

-1x Onyx Boox i62HD Ebook Reader
-1x i62HD Reader Cover
-16GB MicroSD Memory Card
-1x USB Data cable
-1x USB Charger
-1x i62 Quick Start Guide

(http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox...oft-touch.html)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPE_OaOkX0o&hd=1)
I saw these, Iskariot, but I was just curious about the fancier 'Berry'.
Thank you, though.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #18
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Sooo...which frontlight technology does Firefly use? GlowLight or Moon Light? If I read your post correctly the answer is MoonLight.

Does the Berry PB611 cover fit the i62HD Firefly?

Sorry for being so dense, Booxtor, but...
thx, d
PB611 Cover does fit just to PocketBook 611. However, the regular Onyx cover of i62 models is very good too. You will like it
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Booxtor, on re-reading your 10/20 post, I realized I had not read it correctly the first time so I am no longer feeling 'dense'.

I just ordered the Firefly (not the Berry cover) and a spare battery. This will be my fourth eInk reader (only one of which I still have) and I usually use the LCD side of my PocketEdge for reading books, so I'm really looking forward to receiving it.

I was wondering tho, should I download a User Guide to supplement the Quick Start Guide? I sort of skimmed the store site but did not see a link for a guide. Possibly there won't be one until it ships?

Sure do thank you for in-depth, prompt, courteous responses & look forward to becoming a member of the Onyx community.
D
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #20
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Booxtor,

You posted pictures some time ago proving that M92 has Cool Reader running on it.
Does the same is true with Firefly?
Does Firefly have Cool Reader?
It is important to me to have at least 1 cm margins on each side in landscape orientation on 6" device so Cool Reader ensures that. Otherwise - who knows.

As to this front edge light technology.
I have two concerns about it:

1. Because of the light distributing film layer the contrast is worse compared to the same screen without the light. So when the light is turned off it is worse than the corresponding model without the light.

2. Sooner or later, cracks develop (or scratches are made) in that light distributing layer (judging from multiple reports about Nook ST Lightglow) - and then bright light spots appear in the middle of the screen when the light is on. So the light can no longer be used, but the contrast is still lost because of the presence of that layer.
Could that layer be perhaps removed, peeled off, when so happens
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #21
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
Booxtor,

As to this front edge light technology.
I have two concerns about it:

1. Because of the light distributing film layer the contrast is worse compared to the same screen without the light. So when the light is turned off it is worse than the corresponding model without the light.

2. Sooner or later, cracks develop (or scratches are made) in that light distributing layer (judging from multiple reports about Nook ST Lightglow) - and then bright light spots appear in the middle of the screen when the light is on. So the light can no longer be used, but the contrast is still lost because of the presence of that layer.
Could that layer be perhaps removed, peeled off, when so happens
I have the same questions.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 AM   #22
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
Quote:
2. Sooner or later, cracks develop (or scratches are made) in that light distributing layer (judging from multiple reports about Nook ST Lightglow)

I hope ONYX is much more scratch-resistant than B&N NST LG, isn't it?
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #23
Senior Junior
Enthusiast
Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx FireFly & Onyx C67ML 8Gb Carta & Asus TF101G
Booxter, Hi!

When will begin book sales, now it’s only to preorder ?

SJ with best regards !
Senior Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #24
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Quote:
2. Sooner or later, cracks develop (or scratches are made) in that light distributing layer (judging from multiple reports about Nook ST Lightglow) - and then bright light spots appear in the middle of the screen when the light is on.
I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this...
I've been searching, and the aforementioned problem seems to have occurred mostly with the Nook Glowlight, not the Kobo Glow or the Kindle Paperwhite.
However, somewhere I read that the since the Nook Glowlight has an infrared touchscreen and the Kindle a much sturdier capacitative screen, it might be expected that the Kindle is less subject to those problems. (Kobo Glo has a capacitative screen as well.)

Afaik, Boox i62HD Firefly has an infrared screen just like the Nook... So I really want to know about this before I even consider ordering one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Junior View Post
When will begin book sales, now it’s only to preorder ?
According to the site, it will be available tomorrow...
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #25
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
... (Kobo Glo has a capacitative screen as well.) ...
I believe the Kobo Glo is IR.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #26
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
I believe it too and the lack of early Firefly reviews is holding me back from ordering one. Done my share of early adopter mistakes
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #27
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I believe the Kobo Glo is IR.
This site calls it capacitive...
Old 11-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
This site calls it capacitive...
I still believe the Kobo Glo is IR. All the talk on the Kobo forum says IR.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #29
Senior Junior
Enthusiast
Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx FireFly & Onyx C67ML 8Gb Carta & Asus TF101G
AnneT

Thank because I suck tangled that correctly day/month or vice versa
Senior Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #30
AnneT
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I still believe the Kobo Glo is IR. All the talk on the Kobo forum says IR.
That's good news... It means that a IR touch-screen doesn't necessarily makes the light-dispersing film more vulnerable than a capacitive screen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Junior
Thank because I suck tangled that correctly day/month or vice versa
To be sure, I took a look at the German version of the site, and that says '9/11/2012'. But like you, I was confused first, since I expect a .de-site to use the European date-notation.
(Suggestion for Booxtor: perhaps you could use a notation like 'Nov. 90th 2012' on the English version the site, that way there is no confusion about the date format used.)