Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Poldi
Connoisseur
Poldi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre freeszes as soo as I click on Meta

When I opened Calibre today, I found out, that as soon as I click on Meta, Adjustments or Convert the program freezes. If I start to end it with the task manager it says the program waits for my input??? Only when I press escape it comes back to life. I uninstalled it from my machine (win7 64) and installed the latest version - still the same. I can browse through my library, change libraries, or open a book, but I can't change any of the metadata.
What to do? Please help!
Poldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldi View Post

When I opened Calibre today, I found out, that as soon as I click on Meta, Adjustments or Convert the program freezes. If I start to end it with the task manager it says the program waits for my input??? Only when I press escape it comes back to life. I uninstalled it from my machine (win7 64) and installed the latest version - still the same. I can browse through my library, change libraries, or open a book, but I can't change any of the metadata.
What to do? Please help!
Did you ever have 2 Monitors connected or run th single one a a much higher resolution)?
The input box may be 'off screen' or just a piece still at the edge
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Poldi
Connoisseur
Poldi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you ever have 2 Monitors connected or run th single one a a much higher resolution)?
The input box may be 'off screen' or just a piece still at the edge
Yes, that was it. I just changed the outlets for my two monitors yesterday! Everything works fine again. Thanks a lot
Poldi is offline   Reply With Quote