Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Shadowjack
Enthusiast
Shadowjack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, Kobo H2O, H2Ov2, Libra H2O
Problem with collections/tags

I have been using Calibre for years and its great, but I have recently had a problem. I have two books that for some reason are not showing up in their collection. When I view them in the Calibre library they look fine but when I upload them to my prs-505 they don't show up in their appropriate collection. When I view my reader from Calibre the tag field is blank for these two books. I have tried deleting the books from my reader and reloading them but that hasn't helped. I even tried removing every book belonging to the same collection I was adding to and reloading and that didn't help. The same two books still didn't show up. Suggestions?

Calibre v6.47
Sony prs-505
Shadowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what format are these books in?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
Shadowjack
Enthusiast

One is lrx and the other is ebpub.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd, I don't have any ideas why that should be the case, then.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Wait a sec, is the EPUB DRMed?
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
Shadowjack
Enthusiast

Yes. Both were purchased through Sony site. But I have other DRM'd books that I am able to apply "tags" to and they work.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm no other bright ideas I'm afraid.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Shadowjack
Enthusiast

Okay. Final thought: could it be a corrupted database on the prs505 or on my pc? Would it help to "reload" my library? I only have about 200 books so it wouldn't take that long to reload the books. Is there a particular file I should delete before reloading the books?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you are going to reload the books onto the Sony then first reformat the internal memory (and SD card if you have one).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
Shadowjack
Enthusiast

I did the following:
1. Rebuilt my calibre directory on my PC. I reloaded all of my books and re-entered my tags and series. I thought there might be a problem there since I had performed so many in place upgrades (starting at v5.6).
2. I formatted my internal memory and SD card.
3. Reuploaded my books.
4. Now there is a different book that won't upload its tag (format is epub).
5. Plus I get the following error when I run the calibre database integrity check:
ERROR: Error: Failed to check database integrity

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\config\__init__.py", line 786, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1431, in check_integrity
File "site-packages\calibre\library\caches.py", line 376, in refresh
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 163, in run
DatabaseException: no such table: meta2
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 127, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 76, in get
OperationalError: no such table: meta2
Old 04-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowjack View Post
ERROR: Error: Failed to check database integrity
OperationalError: no such table: meta2
Kovid said that this error is a regression that will be fixed in the next release. The meta2 table was introduced to support user-defined columns. The problem is that it must be recreated when calibre starts (columns could change), and the database integrity code doesn't know that.

As for the rest of the errors, I have no clue.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #12
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Kovid said that this error is a regression that will be fixed in the next release. The meta2 table was introduced to support user-defined columns. The problem is that it must be recreated when calibre starts (columns could change), and the database integrity code doesn't know that.
Thanks for the explanation.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote