Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #46
_temp_
_temp_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Well, I rushed a bit. It does work like a breeze, however I can only use the keyboard characters, I can not get to work the special characters - the "Back" button does not bring up anything to choose from.
Anybody has any idea why that might be?
Keys that work are: all letters a-z, shift works (so A-Z), the dot ".", delete "Del", and Space bar.

Home, Back and Menu buttons seem not to work.

Tried this Midnight Commander too, but can not start it. Thanks for the tip though!
_temp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #47
_temp_

Quote:
Originally Posted by _temp_ View Post
Well, I rushed a bit. It does work like a breeze, however I can only use the keyboard characters, I can not get to work the special characters - the "Back" button does not bring up anything to choose from.
Anybody has any idea why that might be?
Keys that work are: all letters a-z, shift works (so A-Z), the dot ".", delete "Del", and Space bar.

Home, Back and Menu buttons seem not to work.

Tried this Midnight Commander too, but can not start it. Thanks for the tip though!
-

- All is fine now. I overlooked that in order to get missing characters the Menu+letter or Back+letter key combinations must be pressed. It does work fine!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #48
drauger
Enthusiast
drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kindle4NT
I cannot launch myts on my K4NT. It returns the following:

Code:
myts: malloc.c:3096: sYSMALLOc: Assertion `(old_top == (((mbinptr) (((char *) &((av)->bins[((1) - 1) * 2])) - __builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd)))) && old_size == 0) || ((unsigned long) (old_size) >= (unsigned long)((((__builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd_nextsize))+((2 * (sizeof(size_t))) - 1)) & ~((2 * (sizeof(size_t))) - 1))) && ((old_top)->size & 0x1) && ((unsigned long)old_end & pagemask) == 0)' failed.
Aborted
Any suggestions?
drauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #49
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Fix the sources and adopt for K4NT. But honestly, what would you gain? Without keyboard, a terminal emulator won't be much fun. I guess you're probably better off using a Kindlet terminal emulator - I think the soft-keyboard will work in Kindlets, but I'm not sure either.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #50
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
can you help me!

I copy the file myts-6.tar.gz to /mnt/us/customupdates and press shift shift I!
it show success.
but when i press shift T T,there is no replay.
I can not find the /mnt/us/launchpad/myts.l.ini too.
I am a freshman in linux,so please just in detail.
Thank you!Excuse my poor english.:感谢:
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #51
_temp_

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
I copy the file myts-6.tar.gz to /mnt/us/customupdates and press shift shift I!
it show success.
but when i press shift T T,there is no replay.
I can not find the /mnt/us/launchpad/myts.l.ini too.
I am a freshman in linux,so please just in detail.
Thank you!Excuse my poor english.:感谢:
Hi

The file myts-6.tar.gz is an archive (read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gzip ) - so first thing you have to do is extract the archive (you have several tools depending on what operating system your computer runs) - what you are looking for is inside it. If you are not familiar with the term archive, think of it as a .zip or a .rar file.

Try to extract first the archive and go on from there. Read (always) the "README" file(s), you will also find the .ini file too. Also read everything in the thread related to the subject.

The most important thing for a freshman in linux is to learn Good learning!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #52
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
The myts archive is not yet adopted to be installed via the "customupdate" script of launchpad. That one only installs ZIP files anyway.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #53
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
@_temp_

Not related to your problem but you might want to use the latest version myts-7 per post#37 of this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...75#post1905075
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #54
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

I need more guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _temp_ View Post
Hi

The file myts-6.tar.gz is an archive (read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gzip ) - so first thing you have to do is extract the archive (you have several tools depending on what operating system your computer runs) - what you are looking for is inside it. If you are not familiar with the term archive, think of it as a .zip or a .rar file.

Try to extract first the archive and go on from there. Read (always) the "README" file(s), you will also find the .ini file too. Also read everything in the thread related to the subject.

The most important thing for a freshman in linux is to learn Good learning!
Thanks for your help and encourage.
For losing the name freshman ,I need a terminal.
I know the gz file,and i find many *.c *.h *.sh *.ini *.file,
so which files shoud be copy to /mnt/us/customupdates
I find the file changed to Zip, do you change it?
So should i copy the zip to /mnt/us/customupdates and shift shift I?
Thank you a lot .
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #55
xueyou2
Connoisseur

Yes! I got it !Thanks PoP Hawhill and Matan

Yes! I got it !Thanks PoP Hawhill and Matan
I copy your zip to /mnt/us/customupdates and press shift shift I
It works!great!
Thank you very much!:感谢:
Old 06-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #56
nyk
nyk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Cheatsheet PDF

This terminal works great! Thanks a lot for programming this!
But I needed a Cheatsheet as PDF to quickly look up all the combinations. I tried to attach it here, maybe someone also can use it, or has a better one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf kindle_terminal_myts_cheatsheet.pdf (65.1 KB, 776 views)
nyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #57
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
myTs now refuses to start. Via Launchpad Shell or otherwise.

[root@kindle myts]# ./myts
Segmentation fault
[root@kindle myts]# ./myts.sh
sh: kill: unknown operand
mknod: /var/tmp/myts.special: File exists
[root@kindle myts]# ./myts.sh kill
killall: myts: no process killed
[root@kindle myts]# ./myts.sh 1
^C./myts.sh: line 21: cannot create /var/tmp/myts.special: Interrupted system call

Any ideas anyone?
I would hate to get locked out right now...

EDIT: Ha now its hung Launchpad. pfft. doh. etc.

Last edited by twobob; 07-05-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Hung me out to dry
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #58
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
[root@kindle myts]# ./myts
Segmentation fault
[root@kindle myts]# ./myts.sh
sh: kill: unknown operand
[root@kindle myts]# ./myts.sh kill
[root@kindle myts]# ./myts.sh 1
^C./myts.sh: line 21: cannot create /var/tmp/myts.special: Interrupted system call

Any ideas anyone?
I would hate to get locked out right now...

EDIT: Ha now its hung Launchpad. pfft. doh. etc.
Read: myts.sh

It is written to assume that if myts is not running;
then the special file needs to be made.
Rather than test if the special file exists before making it.
Duh...

Try removing: /var/tmp/myts.special
and then see if you can start it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #59
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hi knc

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Read: myts.sh

It is written to assume that if myts is not running;
then the special file needs to be made.
Rather than test if the special file exists before making it.
Duh...

Try removing: /var/tmp/myts.special
and then see if you can start it.
Hi knc1
I did read the sh but oddly there was no myts.special in var/tmp, I should have mentioned that but I was very tired and a bit disheartened. well back the fray now.

EDIT: Yep I was right, myts.special gets created by the .sh then the process just hangs.
From command line or launchpad. w/e.

as a side note (myts.special is of 0 size)

deleting the .special file by hand does nothing.

Ctrl+C gives us: ^C
/mnt/us/myts/myts.sh: line 21: cannot create /var/tmp/myts.special: Interrupted system call

leaving the special in place and trying to run direct gives us:

[root@kindle tmp]# /mnt/us/myts/myts
Segmentation fault

Hmm. oddness. I'll have a tinker.

and there was me getting all excited about shuffling audio grains for the day. ho hum.

Thanks knc1

Last edited by twobob; 07-06-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: added more details
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #60
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

myts.special is a pipe, not a regular file, so the size has no meaning.

The problem is probably not with the script, but with the fact that myts binary segfaults. If you'll run something like
strace -f -o strace.out ./myts
and send to me the strace.out file, I might be able to find what the problem is.

You should also try with default config file and font files, if you changed them, since there are practically no input validations in handling those.
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote