Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
Goodenough
Goodenough began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre pro
Libre Pro is not recognized by computer

It all started when i attempted to update the firmware, i followed the official instructions straight from Aluratek to the T.

long story short, the update failed with the libre pro giving me a Hardware Error.

well ever since then both the internal memory and the SD card say "No Corresponding Files Found"............

it will not connect to my computer. the odd thing is, i can hear the ding from my computer that says a device is connected.

any help would be much appreciated

Cody

Last edited by Goodenough; 12-21-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: problem happened again
Goodenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Updating from what version # to what version #?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #3
spensar
spensar began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Did you try a reset?
spensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:23 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The resetting to factory defaults using the diagnostic screen has worked for some.
Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Try powering on/off while connected, this worked for me on vista, also try it with and without sd card.
Other tip... get yourself a card adaptor for your pc you will find it much faster to transfer files

bla
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Does other USB appliances have this problem?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #7
spensar
spensar began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The resetting to factory defaults using the diagnostic screen has worked for some.
Luck;
Ken
I reset by pushing using a pin to push the reset button in the back. Didn't know about resetting otherwise!
spensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
To enter the diagnostics screen:
Reset the device. Then hold down three buttons. They are: "on/off" "zoom" and "menu". When you see the jetBook screen let go of "on.off". Keep holding the "zoom" and "menu" keys until you see a 16 item screen. It's tricky, so it may take a couple of tries.

Then you can restore the JBL to factory defaults.

After that is done reset the JBL.

The "reset" is the reset button on the back.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:02 AM   #9
Goodenough
Goodenough began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
To enter the diagnostics screen:
Reset the device. Then hold down three buttons. They are: "on/off" "zoom" and "menu". When you see the jetBook screen let go of "on.off". Keep holding the "zoom" and "menu" keys until you see a 16 item screen. It's tricky, so it may take a couple of tries.

Then you can restore the JBL to factory defaults.

After that is done reset the JBL.

The "reset" is the reset button on the back.

Luck;
Ken
Thank you very much good sir,

this has worked perfectly.

Goodenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:14 AM   #10
Rub
Rub began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek
I had the same problem. I formatted my libre pro aluratek from my mac and after that everytime I tried to upload books either with my mac (later I tried with a windows lap) it looked like I uploaded them but they did not appear in the ereader. Instead I received the message that there were no "corresponding files". It was very strange because my computer did recognized them. So I resetted it pressing the power, zoom and menu buttons. I got into a menu where I could reset it to the factory defaults and now it works! Thanks for the info.
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 12:08 PM   #11
Grammar Matters
Grammar Matters began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek LIBRE
I know this thread is over a decade old, but I'm hoping someone here may still have the firmware for the LIBRE AEBK01WF.

I have Software v0.15k Patch 15.

When I read the manual for it, a Find function is mentioned for searching keywords. My device does not seem to have that. As well, I am hoping it can work with links in a epub file: I have the CIA World Factbook of almost 3000 pages, and each country has a 'hyperlink' that I cannot use. A hyperlink function using the 0-9 keys, or the arrow keys, would be nice as well as the Find, but either would be better than guessing at a page out of 3000.

I don't know if either of those features are part of the newer firmware- I think it is at 0.18 from earlier in this thread.
Grammar Matters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 09:05 PM   #12
Odio
Professional Lurker
Odio began at the beginning.

Device: Libre eBook Reader PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammar Matters View Post
I know this thread is over a decade old, but I'm hoping someone here may still have the firmware for the LIBRE AEBK01WF.

I have Software v0.15k Patch 15.

When I read the manual for it, a Find function is mentioned for searching keywords. My device does not seem to have that. As well, I am hoping it can work with links in a epub file: I have the CIA World Factbook of almost 3000 pages, and each country has a 'hyperlink' that I cannot use. A hyperlink function using the 0-9 keys, or the arrow keys, would be nice as well as the Find, but either would be better than guessing at a page out of 3000.

I don't know if either of those features are part of the newer firmware- I think it is at 0.18 from earlier in this thread.
Mine is currently running v0.19d, patch v19

If you can show me how to dump it, I'll post it
Odio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluratek, computer, libre, sd card