Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #1636
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O
Pushed a set of release packages. Mostly making sure FW 5.6.x is handled correctly.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #1637
saris
saris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
When did you jailbreak? If you didn't have the latest jailbreak, I would use the hotfix.

Again -- Amazon changed everything, you cannot install things by putting them in the root and using Update Your Kindle, anymore.
Thanks for your help! I figured it out (finally).
saris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:52 AM   #1638
AddledBadger
AddledBadger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch Screensaver Hack Stopped?

Hi,

Thanks to all those who've helped with creating the great hack.

It's been working for me for a few years and now seems to have stopped. Kindle tells me it's on 5.3.7.3. I presume somehow it's updated itself.

Tried a reinstall, no luck.
Tried an uninstall, and reinstall, no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
AddledBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:48 AM   #1639
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@AddledBadger: JB hotfix + MRPI? (cf. the JB doc).
Old 08-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #1640
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddledBadger View Post
- - - -
It's been working for me for a few years and now seems to have stopped. Kindle tells me it's on 5.3.7.3. I presume somehow it's updated itself.
- - - -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
Includes general bug fixes.
Like the ability to jail break it maybe? (the jail break bug).
Perhaps the ability to downgrade it? (the downgrade attack bug).
The ability to de-brick it with Kubrick? (the Kubrick bug).

It will be interesting to see what all they found/fixed as a "bug".
The update_*.bin file is 114Mbytes - so they found something to change.

- - - -

I am almost afraid to let my K2/K3 devices go "on-line" for what may happen to them.

Last edited by knc1; 08-22-2015 at 08:25 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:57 AM   #1641
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Refreshed the packages in the first post with a hotfix for an issue that broke installs when not using MRPI.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-23-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #1642
AddledBadger
AddledBadger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks, these steps worked for me to restore the screensaver hack (Kindle Touch)

Okay, that worked, thanks for the pointers.

For any other Noobs [like me], here's the steps I took the get my screensaver hack back working again:

Hotfix (Presumably, this re-initialised the Jailbreak)
Downloaded, and followed instructions to install:
JailBreak-1.14.N-FW-5.6.x-hotfix.zip
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1597

KUAL (Kindle Unified Application Launcher)
KUAL-v2.5.zip
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326

MRPI (MobileRead Package Installer)
kual-mrinstaller-1.6.N.zip
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251143

Screensaver Hack
kindle-linkss-0.24.N.zip and
kindle-python-0.14.N-touch_pw1.zip
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474

Hope that helps someone!

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-23-2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: links
AddledBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #1643
marc1uk
marc1uk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Refreshed the packages in the first post with a hotfix for an issue that broke installs when not using MRPI.
That's done the trick for me. Tried this yesterday, but after installing the customer screensaver bin I still had defaults. Tried again today with fresh files and custom screensavers are working. Thanks again NiLuJe!

In my case I didn't need anything more than the vanilla process:
Copy jailbreak bin to root, update.
Copy screensaver bin to root, update.

No hotfix, no KUAL, no MRPI, no python (didn't need the features).
Simple as. Really great, simple hack guys!
marc1uk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch