Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Thank you very much for your nice words

I wonder, strange thing - on ipad I see the green picture upside down while on a pc or android tablet it is ok. Do you also see it upside down???
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
The last one? No, they are all three properly oriented but I'm looking in Firefox on my desktop.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I hope you don't mind me offering my opinion?

The first work you posted is just great. I really could see me living with that on a wall in our house. The second is still good, but not, in my opinion, as good as the first, although I still really like it. The third, I'm sorry, I personally could take or leave.

I'm about as far from an artist myself as it's possible to get (I struggle to draw the curtains!), so I hope you'll take these comments in the spirit they're intended. I really wish I could put my finger on what it is about the works that makes me feel what I do, but I'm not sure. Maybe I like the other worldly atmosphere that somebody else mentioned?

Anyway, please keep posting - I'm always in awe of people who have talents in areas I don't.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #19
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I hope you don't mind me offering my opinion?

The first work you posted is just great. I really could see me living with that on a wall in our house. The second is still good, but not, in my opinion, as good as the first, although I still really like it. The third, I'm sorry, I personally could take or leave.

I'm about as far from an artist myself as it's possible to get (I struggle to draw the curtains!), so I hope you'll take these comments in the spirit they're intended. I really wish I could put my finger on what it is about the works that makes me feel what I do, but I'm not sure. Maybe I like the other worldly atmosphere that somebody else mentioned?

Anyway, please keep posting - I'm always in awe of people who have talents in areas I don't.
Dude! The third one is my favorite!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Dude! The third one is my favorite!

What can I say? It'd be a sad world if we all liked the same things.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

What can I say? It'd be a sad world if we all liked the same things.
I know, I'd be so totally appalled if my tastes were were the same as Romney's!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it's late for me now so, shortly, the green one I did after a few months break. And it probably shows. What I think of it is that it lacks in the bottom part. But hey, I can still work on it. Thanks guys. Will write another day.
And pink one looks better in real life
Old 11-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #23
kennyc

If anything my crit of the last one is that it is too symmetrical. I do like the other aspects of it.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #24
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Thank you very much for your nice words

I wonder, strange thing - on ipad I see the green picture upside down while on a pc or android tablet it is ok. Do you also see it upside down???
Yes, it is inverted on my iPad. Weird. At first, I thought you must have been drawing it upside down as I do sometimes. Let me add that I like them all but especially the first one. I do monochrome drawings and that would have been an excellent drawing, in my opinion, in pencil or charcoal but the colors make it terrificly eerie. Thank you for posting them and keep it up!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #25
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

Weird indeed that it is inverted. Anyway I will leave it as is since on a PC and android it is ok. I fully agree that you may or may not like what I draw and no offence taken. But I must say warm words encourage me to continue and criticism to try better
Old 01-29-2013, 03:10 AM   #26
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

from yesterday, taken with phone camera therefore not perfect quality (details missing)
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 AM   #27
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Nice! I like the mist effect.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #28
kennyc

Very nice!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I like the soft, ethereal look. Very nice.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #30
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I like the foggy, misty look too - can just imagine droplets condensing on my glasses! Very soothing to contemplate.

Your drawings would make very nice desktops/screensavers!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote